Worlds End 2023 - 10th Anniversary updates, plans and releases!

Stores, items and deals
Ozwell Wayfarer

Worlds End 2023 - 10th Anniversary updates, plans and releases!

Post by Ozwell Wayfarer »

Hello everyone, its been a while :) I hope you are all well!

Grid regulars will know that I dropped off the radar for quite a while. I was dealing with moving countries, changing life circumstances, sick relatives. Its been a joy. truly. lol I did also lose a lot of hope/steam/enthusiasm when Opensim 0.9 came out and broke a lot of my content. At the time, it really felt like anything that could go wrong was going wrong. I am thankfully in a more secure situation now.

But with the 10 year anniversary of Worlds End in Kitely (TEN YEARS?!?!?!) I knew I had to come back and do something. So I have re-committed the entirety of my free time (as far as possible) to updating my store for the rest of the year.

Everything is going to be inspected, updated and refreshed. Some items will be retired. Some will be bundled into content packs.

THE PLAN
So with this in mind I have taken the pretty difficult decision to take down the entire World's End store temporarily, effective Monday 20th March.

I have chosen to do this for several reasons. Many things are outright broken in terms of physics and need to be entirely reuploaded. Some items are looking old (to me) and I think I can do better now. I also want to refresh my listings with new images, merge some stuff together, create "ranges" of complimentary products that are easier to search, etc.

I also think putting my money where my mouth is will motivate me to get it done.

So if you want to pick up something from my store before it all goes away for a while, this is your last chance.

UPDATES
90% of items are going to be updated. If you purchased the old version, you will get the new version as a free update. This will be the case even for items that are discontinued but have outstanding issues or products that are merged into bundles.

RELEASES
Going forward, my store will slowly re-emerge over the year with a mixture of updates and new stuff. Lots of stuff will come back fairly quickly, and there will be no shortage of exciting new releases too.

Coming in the next few weeks -

Updates
Cave Kit Standard - Entirely reworked to be MUCH easier to fit together and work with. New floor pieces. Fixed all known physics and flickering issues. Large Tunnel set to be merged in with the basic cave set. Now comes in 3 texture variations - Classic, Mossy and Bioluminescent!

The "deluxe" package containing the Pit and Chasm expansions will follow later. Current owners of that pack can reach out to me to get an advance copy of the standard set in the meantime if they wish.

New Releases
Dungeon Kit - A long overdue sister set to the Cave Kit - create endless dungeons, crypts, cellars and more! Will be released in 3 parts + an all-in-one bundle.

Each set will also ship with some small preconstructed examples.

After that, I will be looking at my landscaping and forest products, followed by my sim-surrounds and medieval/roleplay builds.

Here's to a productive 2023! :roll: :D
Last edited by Ozwell Wayfarer on Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author Ozwell Wayfarer for the post (total 8):
Ilan TochnerDot MatrixGraham MillsTess JuelChris NamasteTony ElMoonrise AzaleeShandon Loring
Graham Mills

Re: Worlds End 2023 - 10th Anniversary updates, plans and releases!

Post by Graham Mills »

Sounds great! Welcome back!
These users thanked the author Graham Mills for the post:
Ozwell Wayfarer
Moonrise Azalee

Post by Moonrise Azalee »

Such a relief! I got a 2x2 surround from your store not too long ago and forgot to review it. I was prompted to review when I was checking out Kitely Market again today and when I went to review it it said it wasn't available, and in fact the whole store was gone. I was so worried! :D I love your items and have purchased things for my avi on many grids over the years. Glad that you are here still and feeling renewed :)
These users thanked the author Moonrise Azalee for the post:
Ozwell Wayfarer
Ozwell Wayfarer

Hey everyone,

Sorry for the slow updates. Inevitably, my plans changed somewhat when they collided with reality :)

Good news is: physics updates are now almost done! I have a long weekend coming up, so I plan to roll out ALL updates for items with broken physics this coming weekend (mostly structures and Cave Kit pieces). If you are a Hypergrid customer, please look out for updates this weekend, and if you don't get them due to some Hypergrid funkiness, contact me and we will arrange a time for a "live" redelivery while we are both online.

For NEW stuff, well, the can of worms is well and truly open. :D

As I was updating the Cave Kit I started thinking: "my landscaping products never worked particularly well with this" and before my brain had time to say "whoooa! Stop! what are you doing?!?!?!?!" I started to develop a new fully modular landscaping system.

This is going to include landforms/terrain (flat and easy to build on parts too! - a regular request fulfilled), cliffs, paths, rivers and streams (with start and end points for easy use) and a system of "splatmap" terrain textures similar to those used in my Forest sets.

Initially I will be releasing all the sets as far as possible for use with seamless textures as a sort of "base" set, because I think people value mesh products that are easy to customize. After that, more elaborate and specialized stuff will come, baked texture "bolt-on" packs for specific biome types. etc.

I am not at the stage where I can post pics yet. Its all still very much in development. I am hoping to be able to re-launch my store AND a new fully revamped showroom in a few months, and once it looks respectable I will of course start dripping out some promo pics.

So TL;DR - look out for updates this weekend, but the newer stuff will take longer in the oven because I am a sucker for punishment :) hopefully it will be worth the wait.
These users thanked the author Ozwell Wayfarer for the post (total 4):
Ilan TochnerAda RadiusGraham MillsDot Matrix
Ozwell Wayfarer

Hi Guys,

Updates for the cave kit small tunnels are now out. the bigger expanded edition will be out in a month or so. Hypergrid customers should contact me directly if they did not receive a copy.

So far as I have tested, I can find no major physics issues with my landscaping stuff outside of the cave tunnels. If anyone can point me to anything else I need to take a look at, that would be much appreciated.

Buildings are mostly ready to go, but I discovered that the linked door script I used previously is broken......soooo trying to figure out how to fix that this weekend. I am also (by popular demand) going to make the Tudor houses a bit taller and more spacious. So that will take a little longer.

I have decided I am not going to re-upload other items if the physics is working, just for the sake of lowering the broken viewer LI scores slightly. From what I can see, it overestimates by about x2/x3 vs uploading the same mesh + LOD + physics in SL. If the mesh was uploaded under previous OS physics systems, the viewer score is WILDLY inaccurate.

Its pretty annoying, but as from what I hear, the devs plan to do nothing about it, there is no real point doing all the reuploading just to change "wrong" to "more acceptably wrong".
These users thanked the author Ozwell Wayfarer for the post (total 2):
Ilan TochnerDot Matrix