Worlds End 2024 - Yes, its finally happening - New releases and updates go!

Stores, items and deals
Ozwell Wayfarer

Worlds End 2024 - Yes, its finally happening - New releases and updates go!

Post by Ozwell Wayfarer »

Well, this has all taken rather a lot longer than planned, but here we are finally! :D

I am pleased to announce the return of Worlds End Landscaping & Roleplay to the Kitely market. I wanted to kick things off with something suitably epic, and what could be more epic than giant mountains?

As these are massive creations that are hard to capture in a single photograph, each one has its own showroom. Landmarks are given in each listing. I highly recommend a peek.

This first batch are very much in a similar style to my previous older sim-surrounds. Each pack contains 3 variations (Islands, Bay & Full Enclosure) designed for a 1x1 region, plus you get all the individual parts and full perm textures to assist you in customizing and/or building your own for larger regions.

I have quite a lot of ideas for off-sim environments still to come, these are intended as a fairly simple modular kit that anyone can use. Future releases will likely be more complex and impressive but also not easy (or outright impossible) to modify.
Endless Desert 1.jpg
Endless Desert 1.jpg (130.75 KiB) Viewed 770 times
For example, I have been experimenting with ideas that eliminate the water of the sim entirely like the above. This is still pretty early days (a desert seemed an easy place to start) so maybe a few months away from anything substantial. But I'm working on it! ;)

Finally if you purchased one of my old sim surrounds - these have now been discontinued - BUT you are entitled to one of the new packs 100% free of charge. Please send me a notecard with your date of purchase and choice of pack.

Next week - The return of some of my most beloved trees - Oaks, Pines, Willows and (maybe) Silver Birches!

Week after that (probably) - Rocks, cliffs and landforms!
These users thanked the author Ozwell Wayfarer for the post (total 5):
Ilan TochnerShandon LoringDot MatrixKimm StarrGraham Mills
Ozwell Wayfarer

Re: Worlds End 2024 - Yes, its finally happening - New releases and updates go!

Hi everyone!

I have managed to get some small bits and pieces out this week. Some small updates and a new freebie set!

This new set of Splatmap terrain allows you to quickly and easily make mesh landscapes with perfectly scaled terrain textures. Some parts are snap-to-grid, making bulking out large landscapes a breeze! It also comes with a sample (10 textures out of 40) of my first splatmap set - summer meadows. All parts are very low poly (in the 128-400 per piece range).

More advanced parts + more textures and a guide to making your own splatmaps will be released soon in an entirely new set.

The mesh parts are mixture of my old Basic and Advanced landform sets with redone UVs and physics + some new parts thrown in. As such, everyone who purchased those sets in the past has been sent this new set.

Unfortunately, I have to take a short pause as I have been waiting for a minor operation for the last 2 years and the hospital called me yesterday to tell me its happening on Monday. So I have the pre-op tomorrow.....its all rather hectic all of a sudden.

Its nothing serious, especially compared to some of the things other members of our community have been going through recently. But I will likely be out of action for a week or so.
These users thanked the author Ozwell Wayfarer for the post (total 3):
Graham MillsDot MatrixIlan Tochner
Dot Matrix

Post by Dot Matrix »

Hope all goes well, Ozwell

I'm using the new mesh terrain with some of the older textures included with the Oak Forest sets, the Winter one in this case. They work well.
These users thanked the author Dot Matrix for the post (total 2):
Ilan TochnerOzwell Wayfarer
Koshari Mahana

Post by Koshari Mahana »

Good luck with the operation! Hope all goes well.
Ozwell Wayfarer wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:02 pm

Unfortunately, I have to take a short pause as I have been waiting for a minor operation for the last 2 years and the hospital called me yesterday to tell me its happening on Monday. So I have the pre-op tomorrow.....its all rather hectic all of a sudden.

Its nothing serious, especially compared to some of the things other members of our community have been going through recently. But I will likely be out of action for a week or so.
These users thanked the author Koshari Mahana for the post (total 2):
Ilan TochnerOzwell Wayfarer
VISIT FOUR WINDS ON THE MARKET
VISIT FOUR WINDS INWORLD: hop://grid.kitely.com:8002/Coopersville/909/907/21
Ozwell Wayfarer

Thank you both :). It was just a day-case for a mild hernia. I am pretty sore now but otherwise it all went well (I think). I just need to take it easy for a few days and I should be back to normal in a no time.
These users thanked the author Ozwell Wayfarer for the post (total 2):
Ilan TochnerDot Matrix