OPQ Misc. Textures

Stores, items and deals
Tess Juel

OPQ Misc. Textures

Post by Tess Juel »

Here are some sets and textures that didn't fit in any of my other posts here.
Rey's Random Textures Poster KM.jpg
Rey's Random Textures Poster KM.jpg (231.1 KiB) Viewed 77 times
As the name says, this is a set of textures that don't really fit in a themed sets. The content of this set changes every now and then and I don't always update the poster.

At the moment the set includes
  • 4colors 256: A 512x512 texture split horizontally into four equal sized segments. I use this as a simple marker for UV mapping. Not sure if it can have other uses too.
  • Rey's Black Dot 01: A black dot on an alpha background. I use it as a marker when I work on landscapes. Could possibly be useful as a decal too.
  • Part alpha 233: Originally created for the alphalayer for a pair of boots that didn't come with one. 512x512 resolution, the lowest 233 pixel rows are transparent.
  • Rey's Brownies 01: Seamless/tileable brownies. Make you prim cake as big as you like! (But don't try to eat a 256x256 m one in one go!).
  • Rey's Round Info Sign: 256x256 and 512x512 resolution.
  • Sandstone Pattern1: 256x256 resolution. This was going to be part of a full set and with higher resolution options too. But I managed to loose the template so this one is all I've got. Oh well.
  • Rey's Folds 01A and Rey's Folds 01B: Not shown on the current poster. Two patterns of folds for drapes etc.
  • villa detail NRM: Among Linda Kellie's countless textures there is an amazingly versatile onramental stone texture in two colors variants called "villa detail" and "delight store trim". As lovely as it is on its own, it really wants a normal map though so I made one.
https://www.kitely.com/market/product/73817570

---
Rey's Low Lag texture Set 1 Poster KM.jpg
Rey's Low Lag texture Set 1 Poster KM.jpg (158.92 KiB) Viewed 77 times
This is a collection of some of my low lag reusable textures and normal maps. The set is updated every now and then but at the moment it includes
  • Rey's Low Lag Sideboard 01 and Rey's Low Lag Sideboard 02. Two 4x64 pixel gradient stripes giving a wood sideboard look. St the number of vertical repeats to the number of planks you want and tint it to any color you like.
  • Rey's Shaded Stripe 01. Similar to the Low Lag Sideboards but giving a more versatile rounded profile.
  • 10 different 4x64 pixel normal maps to give added details to the gradient stripes. Don't put too much significance into the names of these. Try all possible combinations of texture and normal map and also try the nomral maps on their own on a blank texture.
  • Rey's Lowlag Mottled Pattern 01. For when all you need is a bit of discreet structure to a surface. Two optional normal maps included
  • Rey's alpha L 2-3 8x32. An 8x32 texture white along the left and bottom edges, the rest is transparent. This was made as a very low lag railing texture.
  • Rey's White Oak 03 128. Basic wood structure.
  • Rey's Window Glass 01. Based on Linda Kellie's "castle glass". I've emphasized the structure a little bit and scaled it down to a more sensible 128x128. This is the texture I use for nearly all windows on my own houses. The texture is opaque so you can set the transparency to whatever you like and it can also be tinted for colored and darker glass.
Here are two examples how these textures can be used. The first one is a wood plank siding using the 64x64 Rey's Lowlag Mottled Pattern 01 as the texture and the 4x64 Rey's Low Lag Sideboard 02 NRM2 as the normal map - and of course with some tint added. The second is a simple railing cretated by the Rey's alpha L 2-3 8x32 texture.
Rey's Low Lag Textures Example 1-2.jpg
Rey's Low Lag Textures Example 1-2.jpg (67.76 KiB) Viewed 77 times
https://www.kitely.com/market/product/57597559
These users thanked the author Tess Juel for the post:
Ilan Tochner
Tess Juel

Re: OPQ Misc. Textures

Post by Tess Juel »

Rey's Generic Normal Maps Poster Kitely.jpg
Rey's Generic Normal Maps Poster Kitely.jpg (129.26 KiB) Viewed 74 times
Why haven't anybody thought of this before?

This collection includes nine normal maps that aren't intended for specific textures but should be useful for many purposes:
  • Two subtly different vertical half cylinders
  • Two subtly different horizontal half cylinders
  • Two subtly different semispheres
  • Three subtly different tiles
https://www.kitely.com/market/product/57597239