Just4yucks Grand Opening Delayed Until December 8, 2013

Stores, items and deals
Deuce Halsey

Just4yucks Grand Opening Delayed Until December 8, 2013

Post by Deuce Halsey »

The Grand Opening of the Just4yucks Main Gallery/Showroom in Kitely has been delayed until December 8, 2013.

There are three major causes of this one week delay (the grand opening had originally been scheduled for December 1, 2013):

1) I decided to upgrade the textures used to make my shirts in Kitely. I had been using 512x512 textures in SL to overcome lag problems. Since lag is not a serious issue here in Kitely I decided to go with 1024x1024 textures for a higher quality product. Unfortunately I didn't make this change until I had already produced and packaged nearly half of my initial products for the Kitely stores. This put me back nearly 2 weeks from having to recreate and repackage everything.

2) The original Kitely stores were freebie Linda Kellie prefabs. There is nothing wrong with those prefabs, of course. Some of them are quite charming. But I wanted to present a bit more of a professional image with my Just4yucks headquarters in Kitely, so I finally found a very nice main showroom prefab from Johnny Magic of Blue Prim. I also found some very nice side store prefabs from Isis Ophelia of IDDesigns. Of course these were essentially last minute acquisitions and cost me a lot of time with having to redesign my displays and install everything again in the new builds.

Despite these two issues I could probably have scrambled and got everything ready in time - or at least mostly ready. But then I got hit with...

3) World access issues in Kitely due to the recent updates and the "workaround" currently in effect have really slowed me down. It's hard to work on your new stores when you can't get into the world. It will be worth it in the end, since I'm already seeing the good things from the updates. But the fact remains that it no longer looks like I can be ready in time for a December 1st opening.

So the new plan is to make the Donnybrook Beach world free for unlimited access to all users on December 1, 2013 as planned. But the grand opening of the Just4yucks stores in that world will not happen until December 8, 2013.
These users thanked the author Deuce Halsey for the post (total 3):
Constance PeregrineMarstol NitelyRikku Cosplay
Deuce Halsey
Just4yucks in Kitely Marketplace
http://www.kitely.com/market?store=2704782
Ilan Tochner

Re: Just4yucks Grand Opening Delayed Until December 8, 2013

Post by Ilan Tochner »

I'm sorry for the setback Deuce, we're working full steam on getting the fix ready for rollout. If all goes well, we'll be ready sometime tomorrow (so keep your fingers crossed) :-).
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Rikku Cosplay
Deuce Halsey

Re: Just4yucks Grand Opening Delayed Until December 8, 2013

Post by Deuce Halsey »

Ilan Tochner wrote:I'm sorry for the setback Deuce, we're working full steam on getting the fix ready for rollout. If all goes well, we'll be ready sometime tomorrow (so keep your fingers crossed) :-).
Thanks for the update, Ilan. It's good to know the fix is coming soon.

Hey, the main reasons for the delay were all the changes I made during the setup process as described in reasons 1 and 2 above. It was just that the current access problems made it hard to rush and catch up. Such is life. ;)
Deuce Halsey
Just4yucks in Kitely Marketplace
http://www.kitely.com/market?store=2704782