Region Creations

Announce the services that you provide
Constance Peregrine

Re: Region Creations

Post by Constance Peregrine »

Michael Timeless wrote:Just out of curiosity do you ever create megaregions based on USGS maps? I have a specific area in North Carolina in mind.

Michael Timeless
No I don't. I looked into it a little bit. I mainly did these as a way to relax as I enjoy moving the land around by hand.

I think (because I have not looked at it in some time now) you can use http://www.bundysoft.com/L3DT/ to do them.

https://myosgrid.wordpress.com/2013/02/ ... r-opensim/
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...
Selby Evans

Post by Selby Evans »

Michael Timeless wrote:Just out of curiosity do you ever create megaregions based on USGS maps? I have a specific area in North Carolina in mind.

Michael Timeless
Carlos Loff created a megaregion based on a map of London and now has a big region that I think is based on a map of Lisbon.

See

https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities ... 2072972054
Michael Timeless

Post by Michael Timeless »

Thank you Constance and Selby. I will look into all of those options. I looked at Terragen once and walked away scratching head....

Mike
Shandon Loring

Post by Shandon Loring »

If you're interested in checking out The Citadel it really is an awesome build.
We did manage to convert it to just a couple individual components and install it as a cool feature at Seanchai Library's homeworld.
Meaning you don't have to dedicate a full world to rezzing an oar file to enjoy this creation!
The scaling is a bit small, about 1:0.8, that's the way it was created in the .oar, I suppose so it could fit on a single 256x256 region.
We're working on expanding that a bit.

ANYway... come check it out if you get a chance, it might be something you'd like on one of your world's somewhere.

As always you can start your visit to Seanchai's estates at the LZ on our homeworld and take one of the convenient hypergates from there...
So... visit us here -->grid.kitely.com:8002:Seanchai
and then walk through the gate to The Citadel
These users thanked the author Shandon Loring for the post:
Ilan Tochner
Eldarwen Waffle

Post by Eldarwen Waffle »

Can I just say, how wonderful this thread is... @Constance, I would love to buy your raws, but your store is not on anymore
Using Ruth 2.0!
Eldarwen Waffle

Post by Eldarwen Waffle »

Shandon Loring wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:11 pm
If you're interested in checking out The Citadel it really is an awesome build.
We did manage to convert it to just a couple individual components and install it as a cool feature at Seanchai Library's homeworld.
Meaning you don't have to dedicate a full world to rezzing an oar file to enjoy this creation!
The scaling is a bit small, about 1:0.8, that's the way it was created in the .oar, I suppose so it could fit on a single 256x256 region.
We're working on expanding that a bit.

ANYway... come check it out if you get a chance, it might be something you'd like on one of your world's somewhere.

As always you can start your visit to Seanchai's estates at the LZ on our homeworld and take one of the convenient hypergates from there...
So... visit us here -->grid.kitely.com:8002:Seanchai
and then walk through the gate to The Citadel
I'm here now and looking for it, is it called "Medieval World" or some such now?
These users thanked the author Eldarwen Waffle for the post (total 2):
Selby EvansChris Namaste
Using Ruth 2.0!
Constance Peregrine

Post by Constance Peregrine »

Eldarwen Waffle wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:29 pm
Can I just say, how wonderful this thread is... @Constance, I would love to buy your raws, but your store is not on anymore
oh, hi :o

Well, the short answer is I have quit playing. The next longer answer is that I say thanks! But even before then I started giving those terrains away. I didn't feel like charging anymore, Linda Kelley kinda led me that direction, and I didn't want to create varregion files.

However, they are around out in the wild in places. But mostly you wouldn't know as once inworld there is no way to put metatag info in the files. You can search for ...hmmm...dangit, I forget his name...the dream grid guy, Fred! Some of the oars he distributes for free are ones I made and of course includes my super delicious grand and beautiful terrains!! (single region size tho but that is all fixable by those who know who are in the know ;) )

peace out!!
These users thanked the author Constance Peregrine for the post:
Chris Namaste
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...
Dot Matrix

Post by Dot Matrix »

These users thanked the author Dot Matrix for the post (total 2):
Ilan TochnerConstance Peregrine