Region Creations

Announce the services that you provide
Dagon Xanith

Re: Region Creations

Post by Dagon Xanith »

Minethere Always
I really have enjoyed looking over your images and reading your blog.
I have trying to figure out how to terraform the old fashion way here and its not exactly working for me:(
Just bumping your thread so I can follow.
I probably don't have enough money for your services but I love to keep following you.
These users thanked the author Dagon Xanith for the post:
Rikku Cosplay
Constance Peregrine

Post by Constance Peregrine »

Dagon Xanith wrote:Minethere Always
I really have enjoyed looking over your images and reading your blog.
I have trying to figure out how to terraform the old fashion way here and its not exactly working for me:(
Just bumping your thread so I can follow.
I probably don't have enough money for your services but I love to keep following you.
ty Dagon-))

One of the things I am fine with doing, is helping others to terraform. Not so much in person/avie but by words.

I am aware that many do not know how to terraform well, or in opensim well, but since the bulk of my terraforming has been in OS, and I have done a whole lot of it, I like to share what I have learned as best I can.

My blog in the sig speaks to some of it.

What kinds of issues are you having? and perhaps I can be of some help?

As for enough money for my services...well, I do private discussions on such things and often find a workable solution.

I do not see this as a business, per se, but only a way to cover my entertainment costs, of which my net access is one...lol...but if I made enough in KCs I would also likely get the gold plan here and expand what I do into Kitely more in that regard. Currently I do not have much here though except the free region....where I could, if desired, upload terrains to exhibit them to people so they can fly them to see. This will change a bit when HG is enabled here.

But I am willing to give free advice here-))
These users thanked the author Constance Peregrine for the post:
Rikku Cosplay
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...
Dagon Xanith

Post by Dagon Xanith »

Well I don't exactly know how to do it yet via the raw files or through whatever browser I have.
So I have been slowly do it through build options which is really fricking slow, slower here in than I remember doing it when I was starting out over 7 years ago in SL.
My friend made a device where it look like a shovel that little cute mole came out of it that would lower the land,etc but she is no longer around. I am not sure if the device is transferable to KItely any way.
I use to have prim that level land. It had some some script in it I wish I had that here. Not sure if I can post pics but I got one of my island but its unfinished.
I want like small lake and river with few bridges and shore line where maybe a small boat can travel or I could swim if and when I figure out how to get that item here. I don't want mountains, I want to keep island mainly flat
I try to post photo show it flat and little bit about the water features.
I have discover the browner areas seem to go faster as far lowering goes the green areas doesn't seem to lower at all.
I wish I could figure out how to do it with raw files, and there this whole OAR and IAR thing.
I wish there was a way and I knew how to update the "build" tools trees and bushes for my hand drawn trees, flowers, grasses and shrubs.
Attachments
Unfinished Isle of Dagon's Secret Hide Out
Unfinished Isle of Dagon's Secret Hide Out
These users thanked the author Dagon Xanith for the post:
Rikku Cosplay
Constance Peregrine

Dagon Xanith wrote:Well I don't exactly know how to do it yet via the raw files or through whatever browser I have.
So I have been slowly do it through build options which is really fricking slow, slower here in than I remember doing it when I was starting out over 7 years ago in SL.
My friend made a device where it look like a shovel that little cute mole came out of it that would lower the land,etc but she is no longer around. I am not sure if the device is transferable to KItely any way.
I use to have prim that level land. It had some some script in it I wish I had that here. Not sure if I can post pics but I got one of my island but its unfinished.
I want like small lake and river with few bridges and shore line where maybe a small boat can travel or I could swim if and when I figure out how to get that item here. I don't want mountains, I want to keep island mainly flat
I try to post photo show it flat and little bit about the water features.
I have discover the browner areas seem to go faster as far lowering goes the green areas doesn't seem to lower at all.
I wish I could figure out how to do it with raw files, and there this whole OAR and IAR thing.
I wish there was a way and I knew how to update the "build" tools trees and bushes for my hand drawn trees, flowers, grasses and shrubs.
Here is a land editing script..just put in a prim and play with it...it is very, very sensitive though, so play with it until you get the hang of it. I am pretty sure it should work in Kitely:

Code: Select all

integer CHANNEL;
integer ACTION;
integer SIZE;

string MAIN_MENU_STRING;
string SIZE_MENU_STRING;

list MAIN_MENU = [ "Level", "Raise", "Lower", "Smooth", "Noise", "Revert", "Size", "Stop", "Help", "Ground"];
list SIZE_MENU = [ "Small (2x2)", "Medium (4x4)", "Large (8x8)", "Back" ];

{
state_entry()
{

llSetPrimitiveParams([PRIM_COLOR, ALL_SIDES, <1, 0, 0>, 0.5, PRIM_SIZE, <3, 3, 0.5>]);
//ACTION = LAND_LEVEL;
//SIZE = LAND_SMALL_BRUSH;
MAIN_MENU_STRING = "Pick a tool or size of tool";
SIZE_MENU_STRING = "Pick size of tool or back to return";
CHANNEL = llFloor(llFrand(100000.0)) + 1000;
llListen(CHANNEL, "", NULL_KEY, "");
}

touch_start(integer num_detected)
{
if (llDetectedOwner(0) == llGetOwner())
{
llDialog(llDetectedKey(0), MAIN_MENU_STRING, MAIN_MENU, CHANNEL);
}
}

listen(integer CHANNEL, string name, key id, string message)
{
if (llListFindList(MAIN_MENU + SIZE_MENU, [message]) != -1) // verify dialog choice
{
if (message == "Size")
{
llDialog(id, SIZE_MENU_STRING, SIZE_MENU, CHANNEL);
}

if (message == "Help")
{
llGiveInventory(id, "Land Leveller");
}

if (message == "Level")
{
ACTION = LAND_LEVEL;
llSetTimerEvent(0.1);
}

if (message == "Raise")
{
ACTION = LAND_RAISE;
llSetTimerEvent(0.1);
}

if (message == "Lower")
{
ACTION = LAND_LOWER;
llSetTimerEvent(0.1);
}

if (message == "Smooth")
{
ACTION = LAND_SMOOTH;
llSetTimerEvent(0.1);
}

if (message == "Noise")
{
ACTION = LAND_NOISE;
llSetTimerEvent(0.1);
}

if (message == "Revert")
{
ACTION = LAND_REVERT;
llSetTimerEvent(0.1);
}

if (message == "Small (2x2)")
{
SIZE = LAND_SMALL_BRUSH;
llSetPrimitiveParams([PRIM_COLOR, ALL_SIDES, <1, 0, 0>, 0.5, PRIM_SIZE, <3, 3, 0.5>]);
}

if (message == "Medium (4x4)")
{
SIZE = LAND_MEDIUM_BRUSH;
llSetPrimitiveParams([PRIM_COLOR, ALL_SIDES, <0, 1, 0>, 0.5, PRIM_SIZE, <5, 5, 0.5>]);
}

if (message == "Large (8x8)")
{
SIZE = LAND_LARGE_BRUSH;
llSetPrimitiveParams([PRIM_COLOR, ALL_SIDES, <0, 0, 1>, 0.5, PRIM_SIZE, <9, 9, 0.5>]);
}

if (message == "Stop")
{
llSetTimerEvent(0);
}

if (message == "Ground")
{
// THIS PORTION BY STRIFE ONIZUKA //
float height = llGround(ZERO_VECTOR);
vector pos = llGetPos();
integer count = llCeil(llFabs(height - pos.z) / 10.0);
pos.z = height;
//for(;count;--count)
llSetPos(pos);
// THANK YOU STRIFE! //
llSay(0, "Now at ground level");
ACTION = LAND_LEVEL;
llSetTimerEvent(0.1);
}
}
}

timer()
{
llModifyLand((integer)ACTION, (integer)SIZE);
llSetTimerEvent(0.1);
}
}
For RAWs...go to world>region/estate>terrain and click upload...it will then open your file manager and you can go to where you stored some RAW files [they are 832 kb files].

There are a few free terrains here:

http://minethere.blogspot.com/2013/04/f ... -oars.html

The Phi one is kinda cool-))

Note where you d/l it to, then when you do the upload procedure I described above you will know where to look.

If you want me to do some custom work then you can PM me here.

Ephemeral wanderer...
Dagon Xanith

Post by Dagon Xanith »

Hmm I will ponder on this my brain is really tired today. I really like the photo of the island you called Ancient Ruins of Al Khaznehek
http://minethere.blogspot.com/2013/04/f ... -oars.html

But this one that is flat looks more like what I am going for below the one that looks like a boat
Constance Peregrine

ah yes-))

you can have both for free of course...the ruins are an OAR

Ephemeral wanderer...
Dagon Xanith

Post by Dagon Xanith »

Phi is nice too, I am curious though is that mountains?
I haven't attempt to upload anything yet not feeling quite rezzed at moment but plan too soon:)
Thanks for free files
Constance Peregrine

Dagon Xanith wrote:Phi is nice too, I am curious though is that mountains?
I haven't attempt to upload anything yet not feeling quite rezzed at moment but plan too soon:)
Thanks for free files
Phi has some raised land but I don't recall how high. The Boat RAW has much higher lands.

Keep in mind you can use these to practise on, and if you mess it up, simply re-upload the terrain fresh again.

Once you get as good as you feel comfortable with doing terraforming, then you can modify any of those to more match your own vision-))

Each upload takes 2-5 minutes or so, depending upon bandwidth. Also, if it comes in spiky [not as the photo looks], just wait a few minutes and re-upload it again. That is a sometimes and rare packet loss issue.

When you work on terrains it is always good practise to download versions as you go along, in case of issues which happen with software and the net, as I am sure you know.

Also, keep in mind the OARs all include the terrains, so you can import them, delete or take into your inventory the content, and just use the RAW terrain...a little bonus. The mermaid OAR is quite nice I think.

Ephemeral wanderer...
Dagon Xanith

Post by Dagon Xanith »

I was up all night distracted I want try uploading one or more of your OARs soon in one of my spare regions soon possibly this week.
Anything special I need to now to do this? Never done it yet.
Good thing happen last night lowering land seem to be faster less laggier but boy does my terraforming finger hurt now still took long time more to do. I bought some great oak groves until I can figure out how to make own tree meshes. The oak groves with streams really seem to help lower the land some how. LOL
Constance Peregrine

go to

your world>manage>files>select file>replace world

This does completely replace everything in your current world, terrains, prims, land settings, etc.

It will be good practise for ya tho-))

You can add anything you buy here to it then of course, remove or move around whatever is in the oar, and replace the terrain if you wish with another.

Or have multiple worlds, or save it for later.

Make sure and save anything currently in the region you will replace that is important to you.

Ephemeral wanderer...