Animation Overrides, Dance Animations/System, Furniture pose

Post requests for goods or services
Tully McLeod

Animation Overrides, Dance Animations/System, Furniture pose

Post by Tully McLeod »

So, trying to get my pub off the ground in Kitely, but I'm finding there are several things that I need that I'm not having much luck finding.

One big one is furniture. I've not found much that fits the theme for the place. I had built some in SL, but I had used a 3rd party system for setting up the sit poses and menus for switching poses. So I can bring over the base furniture, but with no poses. I can find poses to use, but not a good script for setting up multiple poses. I did buy a couple of bits of furniture from Min Tigerpaw that allow you to copy and reuse the scripts, but so far I haven't had much luck getting it to work well. I need to follow up with her and see if she can give me some pointers, but I wondered if there were any other well known scripts out there for doing this.

I would also like to have a dance system, something akin to the Intan dance balls in SL. I haven't come across anything similar in Kitely yet.

I've also been looking for a good Animation override. I can use the one in the phoenix viewer, but still need a good collection of animations to use with it.

Between RL time constraints (not to mention general laziness) I find it hard to track down open resources like these that I can bring into Kitely. I find bits and pieces here and there, but not whole packages. I really keep hoping that these things will just appear in the Marketplace soon. I have no problem paying for good quality stuff as the time and frustration it saves me is well worth the money.
Min Tigerpaw

Re: Animation Overrides, Dance Animations/System, Furniture

Post by Min Tigerpaw »

Hi Tully, if you want to use my scripts in your own furniture this should be possible as long as you have the animations / poses you want to use. I can (and will) give you instructions on a notecard but suggest to meet in world, so that I can help you with that. So far my published posing scripts are for singles only ... couples and more is on my to do list but will need time to get them done.
Also the single posing menu script is the first version and needs optimization in a quiet hour ..... one more thing to do ...sigh....
Hope to meet you soon to support your pub going life!
Cheers
Min
Ozwell Wayfarer

Post by Ozwell Wayfarer »

As the situation stands right now, I think the issue is that many of us here in Kitely are builders, scripters, animators, etc. But none of us are all these things together. I freely admit that scripting confuses the heck out of me and I have dabbled in animation, but never created something that was “sale quality”.

One of two things has to happen. One is as you mention, somebody putting out some scripting engines to automate things like sit, dance and bed poses (I live in hope). Failing this, builders and scripters have to get together and collaborate.

I have a number of furnishing items (mostly medieval/country themed) that I am actively looking for assistance in scripting. I would be very happy if I could find someone who was willing to work on a 50/50 partnership basis, if not then sadly I predict some things won’t see the light of day for a while.

I have been trying to convince an AO creator over in SL to come dip their toe but no joy yet. Export is a big issue for them. They assume (probably quite correctly) that most people will want to be able to export their AO wherever they go. It seems finding creators who are up for letting their animations and scripting out into the Hypergrid is FAR harder. Good animators are a rare breed anyway.
Constance Peregrine

Post by Constance Peregrine »

Ozwell Wayfarer wrote:I have been trying to convince an AO creator over in SL to come dip their toe but no joy yet. Export is a big issue for them. They assume (probably quite correctly) that most people will want to be able to export their AO wherever they go. It seems finding creators who are up for letting their animations and scripting out into the Hypergrid is FAR harder. Good animators are a rare breed anyway.
If I were to be getting content creators here, I would concentrate on the potential market INSIDE kitely for now, let them get their feet wet, and then they can learn more, as they go along, as to whether or not to do the export thing.

The export thing, imo, is off-putting to the many who have no clue what it all even means.

Kitely, itself, especially once they enable hypergating, will draw ppl to make accounts, and will need such things, once more and more see the pricing structure.

Kitely's pricing model [even after whatever changes are made in the plans] is in line with pricing for simulator hostings in the Metaverse....so, they will come.

The 1/2 doz or so closed commercial grids [I don't include Kitely in this due to the promise of opening hg], are priced to high. They depend on making comparisons to SL pricing, which is not a long term good business practise. Their business models are based upon old tech models...all the current hosting providers are, just as when domain hosting went down, more in line, as is Kitely.

Time will show this to be even more true.
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...
Tully McLeod

Post by Tully McLeod »

Min Tigerpaw wrote:Hi Tully, if you want to use my scripts in your own furniture this should be possible as long as you have the animations / poses you want to use. I can (and will) give you instructions on a notecard but suggest to meet in world, so that I can help you with that. So far my published posing scripts are for singles only ... couples and more is on my to do list but will need time to get them done.
Also the single posing menu script is the first version and needs optimization in a quiet hour ..... one more thing to do ...sigh....
Hope to meet you soon to support your pub going life!
Cheers
Min

Thanks Min.

I got the notecard from you and as soon as I find a quiet hour myself I will see how it works for me. Singles is all I'm really looking for at the moment.
Tully McLeod

Post by Tully McLeod »

Ozwell Wayfarer wrote:As the situation stands right now, I think the issue is that many of us here in Kitely are builders, scripters, animators, etc. But none of us are all these things together.

I think that kind of hits the nail on the head. We are still in an early adopter phase of things and a lot more has to be created from scratch then we are used to from some other places.

However, the great and helpful responses I've received from Min and Minethere on this subject, and other folks with some other issues tells me that there is a good supportive community here that will help me get there if I can just be patient.
These users thanked the author Tully McLeod for the post (total 2):
Constance PeregrineOzwell Wayfarer
Barbara Tom
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Barbara Tom »

Hi, new here and I am also looking for the furniture pose for my club here in Brisbane, Australia and if you have some photos then it will be best for me to get an idea. Although its an old thread but hope so you are active members!
Buy Cornermill bedheads Furniture Online Australia.
Kayaker Magic

Post by Kayaker Magic »

Someone should tell you that the best dance ball ever is available for free. It is called the Clubmaster Dance Machine. You can get a copy free by hypergridding to the developers grid. Read about it here and follow the links:
http://ainetutorials.blogspot.com/2016/ ... dance.html

The Clubmaster blows things like Intan out of the aether with features like NPC dance partners. It comes with 300+ dance animations. I wrote a dance ball once for a closed grid, but I don't bother selling it on the Kitely Market because there is no way to compete with the Clubmaster.

And as far as posing on furniture, I'm tooting my own horn here again, but did you see my posing system at the following link?
https://www.kitely.com/market/product/4 ... ar=5270411
Or the documentation and video tutorials at http://magic.kayaker.net/MPS/?
These users thanked the author Kayaker Magic for the post:
Dot Matrix