Wanted: Does anybody have mega-prims?

Post requests for goods or services
Adagio Greenwood

Re: Wanted: Does anybody have mega-prims?

Post by Adagio Greenwood »

Yep, you probably do, LOL. It is really the bigger ones we are talking about, like the 512 x 512 and up to 1024 x 1024. The sizes you would need for sim-surrounds. Since it looks like it can be done in SOAS, the next job on my list is to get SOAS and get comfy with it. :)

Adagio
Constance Peregrine

Post by Constance Peregrine »

Adagio Greenwood wrote:Yep, you probably do, LOL. It is really the bigger ones we are talking about, like the 512 x 512 and up to 1024 x 1024. The sizes you would need for sim-surrounds. Since it looks like it can be done in SOAS, the next job on my list is to get SOAS and get comfy with it. :)

Adagio
ah..well, here is a link then..hope it is useful

http://iliveisl.com/soas-0-7-5/
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...
Adagio Greenwood

Post by Adagio Greenwood »

Thanks, Minethere!
These users thanked the author Adagio Greenwood for the post:
Constance Peregrine
Serenity Sinclaire

Post by Serenity Sinclaire »

I heard that Imprudence lets you make mega prims - is that still an option?

Can't you build them in world?

I'd also like a set of them in world if anyone knows where I can find them.

Thanks!
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Serenity,

You can use Imprudence, Firestorm, and most other viewers to create megaprims inworld in Kitely.
Shandon Loring

Post by Shandon Loring »

Replying to old post here... but in case anyone is interested, I still don't see any megaprims on Kitely Market. A fairly easy solution is to use this site: http://megaprim.sl/
It allows you to specify the megaprim size you're looking for, then delivers it to your SecondLife avatar.
From there you can SaveAs an .oxp, and then Import into Kitely.

Of course this is only of use if you need something with a dimension bigger than 256m on any one side.
Caveat:
- They don't have every size, but there is a search menu to find a close one, and she does have thousands and thousands.
- Some sizes won't export for some reason.. i haven't figured out why yet, but most do.
- Don't resize it once you import it, or it will twang back down to 256m
- You CAN use path cut and slice and any other edit tool... object type, etc... just don't resize.

If you are in desperate need, I would be willing to go grab one for you, just let me know. (unless i get overwhelmed with requests or something! lol.. which i doubt!)
Shandon Loring

Post by Shandon Loring »

Well... now that I notice that site is offline.. the offer still stands.. if you need a particular megaprim IM me inworld and I may be able to help out..
Mike Lorrey

Post by Mike Lorrey »

I have also obtained a few megaprims larger than 256 meters, up to 1024m. You can go to other grids on the hypergrid that have larger maximum prim size parameters to make them in sandboxes, and bring them back in your suitcase. The trick of course is knowing which grids do this!

Since the primary purpose of having such large megaprims is to create mesh surrounds for sims (since sculpts are generally too low resolution to be meaningful at that size for terrain usage), you would need to be able to import meshes larger than 256m. Another non-mesh usage is of course to add special features to region water that are beyond the ability of Windlight to provide, or to create simulated water at higher altitudes, or even unique sky features, like unique starscapes. I've got a design for a orbital ring that would completely encircle a planet.
These users thanked the author Mike Lorrey for the post:
Shandon Loring
Filipa Thespian

Post by Filipa Thespian »

Adagio Greenwood wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:43 pm
I just posted here about the really cool sim-surround sculptmap I got from pIRA Technologies in SL this morning. One of the things she included in the package is a 768 x 768 mega-prim and I would love to see a sculpt of that. I was pretty certain though that no way was I going to be able to export that (SL being the beast that it has been with exports) and, anyway, where on earth (well, where in SL) would I rezz something that size to even take a look at it?

I made a 256 x 256 version of it and posted a pic on the other thread. Does anybody have any prims bigger than 256 x 256?

Adagio
Not 100% certain, but it appears to me that we can just make them from the build menu now. I created a 256/256 prim "by accident" lol and was like ... "oh yay" lol.
I am Pip, therefore I ... um ... well ... am :D

https://www.kitely.com/market?store=16267322
Shandon Loring

Post by Shandon Loring »

i have a few also, and you can get some free ones at Lani Mall via HG

I'll try to remember to reply here with what I have at moment.

Also if its helpful to you, you can prim torture a 256m diameter cylinder into a 512m diameter cylinder and not be "mega" as such, meaning also you can adjust its size anywhere between 256m to 512'm. We use this for certain skybox apparent 'water' uses. You can see a couple of these in use at Spaceworld if you take the portals up to some of the small Star Wars venues. Specifically the Takodana venue.

And actually, I think we have some mega prims out at the Storylink radio mall. Here in Kitely. You could go there and just do an area search for mega, and see what you find. They are probably on one of the numerous sky platforms that are extensions of the main mall area. So you would have to teleport to them, after locating them in area search.

IM me inworld if youre really anxious to get whatever I've got.