Riverboat - Mud on the Mississippi

Post requests for goods or services
Shandon Loring

Riverboat - Mud on the Mississippi

Post by Shandon Loring »

Anybody know where I can find a Mark Twain-esque riverboat?
Preferably in Kitely or Opensim. But if it is mod-able and reasonably priced I could port it over from SL too if you know where there is one there.
Thanks!
Constance Peregrine

Re: Riverboat - Mud on the Mississippi

Post by Constance Peregrine »

You might try asking http://www.kitely.com/market/product/29 ... ostship-v2 as I know she had some more awesome boats on a grid.

Perhaps she needs more incentive and perhaps she has such as this in SL.
These users thanked the author Constance Peregrine for the post:
Shandon Loring
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...
Shandon Loring

Post by Shandon Loring »

Thank you Miney.. I will ask her. We are in fact using that very ghosty pirate ship now...
If'n she duznt haz one.. then watch for further announcements and I'll just build one and put in Market meseff!
We've got some stories coming up "Further Adventures of Huck Finn" and a steamboat would be cool to have on hand. Not that anybody asked.. but I'm tellin' anyway...
:-)
These users thanked the author Shandon Loring for the post:
Constance Peregrine
Kayaker Magic

Post by Kayaker Magic »

I have one... I was going to script it into a tour boat that runs around my big island. Had it built by a friend in InWorldz with the understanding I was going to export it to other grids. I'll have to talk to her about reselling or other uses of the build. I have not had time to write the tour script yet, but my motorboat script works in it with my paddle-wheel. What I have was designed to be a ferry boat, with the paddle-wheel in the center, the bow and stern identical for docking and sailing in either direction without turning around. It was designed to be a small boat and only seat 8 people or so. How does this look?
FabFerry.jpg
Some of the mesh parts didn't transfer right, it is not in good shape in Kitely yet...
These users thanked the author Kayaker Magic for the post (total 2):
Shandon LoringSelby Evans
Shandon Loring

Post by Shandon Loring »

That is neat looking Kayaker! love the Stars n Bars flying!
Kayaker Magic

Post by Kayaker Magic »

Shandon Loring wrote: love the Stars n Bars flying!
LOL! I am California born and raised, but I thought a paddle wheel boat just cried out for the Stars & Bars!

What are your plans for a paddle wheel boat? Will it be a vehicle? A venue for music? (You can't do both at once, not without a lot of confusion for people who are not sitting or dancing). Making something that looks like your photograph would be a pretty easy build, if you made the floors flat instead of arching up at the ends like that. And used texture maps on big prims for all the banisters, and had time for building. I'd donate a paddle wheel to the project. (Just 7 prims, and it can turn!)

I saw a very clever way to get around the standing-on-a-moving-vehicle problem. Someone built a nice looking pirate ship (over in InWorldz last Halloween) and had it stand still, while a REGION SIZED prop rotated past it. The illusion was great, you stood on the deck and watched the scenery scroll past. They could have dances on a "moving" boat!
Shandon Loring

Post by Shandon Loring »

Initially it'll be a storytelling venue. I've got one started, and will finish it soon. I just needed one in a rush for a story event, but decided to postpone Mississippi Twain tales for now and will be doing time travel stories first. It'll be similar to this design...
Dragon Ronin

Post by Dragon Ronin »

That is a beautiful Job. I was thinking it would be a great major project, but might take months Too big to actually move it might be fun to let it stand still and have the scenery go by on each side, as Kayaker suggested :)