Call for paid helpers for an online event

Post requests for goods or services
Ramesh Ramloll

Call for paid helpers for an online event

Post by Ramesh Ramloll »

Hello,
We are going to hold an online event on one of our regions on Kitely. We are looking for individuals who are familiar with the Firestorm viewer and who have the right people's skills to help new users navigate and communicate with each other in opensim. In particular, you will have to help a new user use text chat, learn camera skills, use voice chat, capture a picture and change outfits.
The event will be held on January 5th 2015 and we will pay for your time (10 USD per hour). The inworld session will not exceed 2 hours.
Best regards
Ramesh
These users thanked the author Ramesh Ramloll for the post (total 5):
Selby EvansShandon LoringNicole CharestGraham MillsHandy Low
Nicole Charest

Re: Call for paid helpers for an online event

Post by Nicole Charest »

Hello Ramesh,

I would be interested to contribute to your event project in providing guidance to new users.

I do have 3 questions for the moment: 1) will a helper guides 1 or more users? 2) Is guidance or basic training be provided before the event or during it? 3) Will navigating guidance include visiting other grids via hypergrid?

Here are selected personal background information relevant to your need:
- Relevant education:
** Certificate in Virtual World (University of Washington - 2011's cohorte)
** M.Sc. in Creativity and Change Leadership (2012, State University of New York): This is a 33 credit program including a 3 credit Master Project. My topic for this project was related to avatar training. The key goal of those projects is integrative and reflective in nature. In essence, beyond the topic, the primary goal is to reflect on our own creative process. The title of my project: Avatar Training: A humanistic and Creativity driven Approach. Available at http://digitalcommons.buffalostate.edu/ ... jects/162/

- People skills:
- I am a retired civil servant - I lead all king of teams during my career.
- I am fluent in both En and Fr and functional in German.

- Experience in OpenSim and w. Firestorm
** I began in SL in 2009. I still have a small parcel overthere.
** I began in OpenSim in 2011, first in OSGRID with one region.
** Since fall 2014, I have my own private grid (2 of the 3 regions are open to hg. visitors). We have a great winter region - a 3x3 var region (size equivalent to 9 conventional region) - if you want to get an immersive experience of our Quebec Winter you can come via hypergrid --- hg.creanovale.ca:8052:novale
** I work with Firestorm (only exceptionnaly with Singularity)

My avatar's name is : Dabici Straulino

Nicole Charest (dabici132@gmail.com)
These users thanked the author Nicole Charest for the post (total 2):
Constance PeregrineRamesh Ramloll
Constance Peregrine

Post by Constance Peregrine »

Dabici's winter regions are wonderful-))
These users thanked the author Constance Peregrine for the post:
Ramesh Ramloll
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...
Ramesh Ramloll

Post by Ramesh Ramloll »

Hello Nicole,
Thanks for the questions. See my answers below

Nicole: "I do have 3 questions for the moment: 1) will a helper guides 1 or more users? 2) Is guidance or basic training be provided before the event or during it? 3) Will navigating guidance include visiting other grids via hypergrid? "

1. The activities we will be having will be free form. So the helpers are only expected to hang around and help only when the trainees request for help, or if a new user is observed to be facing difficulties.
2. The 'helping' is expected to happen during the event itself, not necessarily before.
3. Activities will not involve hypergrid.

I will be reaching out to you soon.
Ramesh
Graham Mills

Post by Graham Mills »

Do you have a time in mind for this? I'm wondering how Euro-friendly it would be in terms of timezone. Happy to go on a reserve list in first instance and will help if I can and if needed.
Isis Ophelia

Post by Isis Ophelia »

Hello Ramesh

I would like to help you with your event as a volunteer, no need to pay me, I wont be able to help with Firestorm because I use Singularity. But I am experienced in the use of 3D worlds. I am in Germany and 9 hours ahead of Kitely time. If you need me, I can be there the 2 hours and help with whatever is needed.
IDdesigns @ Kitely Marketplace http://www.kitely.com/market?store=2075571

You`d like to meet others inworld? Join the Meet & Chat Corner group and say hello
Ramesh Ramloll

Post by Ramesh Ramloll »

Graham Mills wrote:Do you have a time in mind for this? I'm wondering how Euro-friendly it would be in terms of timezone. Happy to go on a reserve list in first instance and will help if I can and if needed.
Hello Graham,
Thanks for the quick reply. The event is currently scheduled to happen in the afternoon on the 5th of January and times will be EST. The exact start time has not been picked yet. But the start time certainly should be between 12 to 7 pm EST.
Best
Ramesh Ramloll

Post by Ramesh Ramloll »

Isis Ophelia wrote:Hello Ramesh

I would like to help you with your event as a volunteer, no need to pay me, I wont be able to help with Firestorm because I use Singularity. But I am experienced in the use of 3D worlds. I am in Germany and 9 hours ahead of Kitely time. If you need me, I can be there the 2 hours and help with whatever is needed.
Hello Isis,
Thanks a lot for letting me know. The event will happen on the 5th of January, the actual start time has not been settled yet. But we expect it to be in the afternoon EST (ie between 12 to 7 pm). If I find that the number of trainees has grown to a larger number, I will certainly get back to you.
Best
Ramesh
Armix Portal
Been thanked: 0

Post by Armix Portal »

Ramesh Ramloll wrote:Hello,
We are going to hold an online event on one of our regions on Kitely. We are looking for individuals who are familiar with the Firestorm viewer and who have the right people's skills to help new users navigate and communicate with each other in opensim. In particular, you will have to help a new user use text chat, learn camera skills, use voice chat, capture a picture and change outfits.
The event will be held on January 5th 2015 and we will pay for your time (10 USD per hour). The inworld session will not exceed 2 hours.
Best regards
Ramesh
Greetings.
I can help. I am user in virtual world for over 7 years, builder mostly (small reference as the site is still new: http://daywalker.recapture.biz/ ), i use in high level any of the viewers. I speak English, Swedish, Hungarian, Romanian.

Armix Portal -Kitely, InWorldz, SecondLife
armixportal@gmail.com
Graham Mills

Post by Graham Mills »

Graham Mills wrote:Do you have a time in mind for this? I'm wondering how Euro-friendly it would be in terms of timezone. Happy to go on a reserve list in first instance and will help if I can and if needed.
I'm afraid I can't guarantee my availability so it's better I come off the reserve list. Apologies for the late notification and I hope your event goes well.