Forums


need for simple (board)games

Post requests for goods or services

need for simple (board)games

Postby Hein de Graaf » Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:55 am

Hello Kitely friends, I am heading the VayaV Cooperation in The Netherlands and we have a 16 region area in Kitely for our RL VayaV groups. Our aim is to introduce the Kitely world to people who are challenged in their social RL life by offering fun and gain. The emphasis is on meeting new friends in RL and strengthening these ties by using virtual worlds to meet and have fun.
I need simple but attractive (board)games for them to play together. Either in Dutch or with a possibility to translate them into Dutch.
Secondly, there are some playable musical instruments available on the Kitely Market that I already have purchased. Very good quality, but unfortunatly Not Copy. So there is a need for playable instruments with animations (drums, brass, guitar, piano/ organs etc) for our group to form a playing band. We will provide the music ourselves.
We have a small budget if needed.
Thank you for your attention.

Hein de Graaf (Hein de_Graaf)
User avatar
Hein de Graaf
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:31 am
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 5 times

Re: need for simple (board)games

Postby Graham Mills » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:55 am

Very interesting project.

When you say "board games" do you mean games that are played sitting round a table by 4-6 players? Would other seated formats, e.g. sitting in an arc looking at a vertical board, be OK?

I have some ideas for "board games" but they are largely at a conceptual stage at present. What timescale are you working to?

Re music, I'm guessing that it would be fairly easy to script an instrument such that it only rezzed, appeared and/or played on your named island. On that basis it might be worth contacting the vendor to see if a custom paid-for solution might be available. There are probably scripters on the forum who would be able to code a satisfactory solution if the vendor needed assistance.
Graham Mills
 
Posts: 952
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:26 pm
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 721 times

Re: need for simple (board)games

Postby Hein de Graaf » Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:45 pm

Hi Graham, thanks for the quick reply. Any form of playing a board game is ok. What counts is the notion the users will egt that it is possible to play games from within the virtual world. Some of them don't even know that you can play on line games at all...
The project will continue at least till a year from now, so if you have anything you can offer in time, that will be very much appreciated.

I would like to contact a vendor for the musical instruments, are there any you recommend?

Cheers,

Hein de Graaf
User avatar
Hein de Graaf
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:31 am
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 5 times

Re: need for simple (board)games

Postby Constance Peregrine » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:07 pm

Hi Hein,

Would a chess game and some guitars be wanted?

I can check but don't want to unless you specifically want them.

regards
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...
User avatar
Constance Peregrine
 
Posts: 2309
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:35 am
Has liked: 2762 times
Been liked: 1400 times

Re: need for simple (board)games

Postby Ramesh Ramloll » Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:24 pm

Hello Hein,
I may have some relevant information to share.
We have a game board engine that facilitates the translation of any traditional board game in the real world to one that can be played in a virtual world (no programming needed). Game board designers could get in touch with us and we can make our engine available. List of games that I was interested in translating: 1. chess (we actually have a demo example already) 2 I just remember we have GO as well, 3. Carcasonne 4. Any print and play game (there are quite a few of them online) 5. Quiz games (we have an example already) 6. Dice based games.
In short, for anyone trying to design new board games, with our engine, plan to spend 50% of your time on designing the game mechanics, 40% on the art, 10% on the assembly basically dropping the mesh pieces in various inventories of the engine.
So if there are any game designers out there on kitely, get in touch with me.
Best regards,
Ramesh
p.s. there are many print and play game sites out there, one of them is here https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/1572 ... rth-effort
User avatar
Ramesh Ramloll
 
Posts: 141
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:16 pm
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 121 times

Re: need for simple (board)games

Postby Graham Mills » Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:31 pm

I think Ramesh has you covered game-wise! No musical recommendations, I'm afraid.

Hein de Graaf wrote:Hi Graham, thanks for the quick reply. Any form of playing a board game is ok. What counts is the notion the users will egt that it is possible to play games from within the virtual world. Some of them don't even know that you can play on line games at all...
The project will continue at least till a year from now, so if you have anything you can offer in time, that will be very much appreciated.

I would like to contact a vendor for the musical instruments, are there any you recommend?

Cheers,

Hein de Graaf
Graham Mills
 
Posts: 952
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:26 pm
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 721 times

Re: need for simple (board)games

Postby Dot Matrix » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:08 pm

Some of RezMela's game boards are in the Lodge on Intersections if you'd like to try them out. There's Snakes and Ladders, Ludo, Chocolate Checkers, Chess, and Gomoko.
User avatar
Dot Matrix
 
Posts: 1411
Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:26 am
Has liked: 945 times
Been liked: 1905 times

Re: need for simple (board)games

Postby Hein de Graaf » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:33 pm

Constance Peregrine wrote:Hi Hein,

Would a chess game and some guitars be wanted?

I can check but don't want to unless you specifically want them.

regards


Hi Constance, yes I'm interested. Please tell me how you will get them to me.

Thanks!

Hein
User avatar
Hein de Graaf
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:31 am
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 5 times

Re: need for simple (board)games

Postby Hein de Graaf » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:34 pm

Ramesh Ramloll wrote:Hello Hein,
I may have some relevant information to share.
We have a game board engine that facilitates the translation of any traditional board game in the real world to one that can be played in a virtual world (no programming needed). Game board designers could get in touch with us and we can make our engine available. List of games that I was interested in translating: 1. chess (we actually have a demo example already) 2 I just remember we have GO as well, 3. Carcasonne 4. Any print and play game (there are quite a few of them online) 5. Quiz games (we have an example already) 6. Dice based games.
In short, for anyone trying to design new board games, with our engine, plan to spend 50% of your time on designing the game mechanics, 40% on the art, 10% on the assembly basically dropping the mesh pieces in various inventories of the engine.
So if there are any game designers out there on kitely, get in touch with me.
Best regards,
Ramesh
p.s. there are many print and play game sites out there, one of them is here https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/1572 ... rth-effort


Thanks, Ramesh, I will pass on this information to my co-workers who are interested in design. We will come back to you soon.

Hein
User avatar
Hein de Graaf
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:31 am
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 5 times

Re: need for simple (board)games

Postby Hein de Graaf » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:39 pm

Dot Matrix wrote:Some of RezMela's game boards are in the Lodge on Intersections if you'd like to try them out. There's Snakes and Ladders, Ludo, Chocolate Checkers, Chess, and Gomoko.

Thanks for the tip, Dot Matrix. I cannot find RezMela in Kitely market. How can I buy her/ his games?

Hein
User avatar
Hein de Graaf
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:31 am
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 5 times

Next

Return to Wanted

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron