plain female skin (without mesh 'pictures'

Post requests for goods or services
Culli Sheerfrost

plain female skin (without mesh 'pictures'

Post by Culli Sheerfrost »

I have found it hard here at Kitely to find a plain 'skin' that can be more or less refined and detailed, customized by me. All that I've found are either mesh (and Ive even bought one that came close, but wasn't customizeable at all!) - or somehow I am unable to change skin tone or basic facial parameters as I was able to in SL (don't get me wrong, I love it here and feel it's a great deal to get 65K land for this price) but I am sort of new to all world creation and scripting and well, everything, so please help me out. and yes, I've worked with the shapes beneath the skins, but that doesn't seem to make much difference or else makes me look deformed.

The real problem is that all the avatars I have found in Kitely are a) basically the same pretty little face and b) have to stay that way so I'm either adorably cute or out of luck :-) Thank you all, but as I said, this is all pretty new to me but I hate looking a certain 'way' that feels just crappy to me and unbelievable. Plus, I do like to show my individuality.

Also (while I'm at it) I am sick of clothes in both second life and here that insist on showing my midriff - ie pants that really stop at the hip line and not the waist. I have continually found these also unmodifiable in the true sense. Don't get me wrong, I don't actually want to become a fashion designer here, but I also don't feel comfortable showing my bare stomach either virtually or in reality. Thanks for reading. I am open to suggestions. I have worked it out, unsatisfactorally by combining underskirts with some color and 'adding' cardigans or overblouses. but still, this is a pain.

v/r,
Culli - (could be very respectfully or just virtually real :-)
These users thanked the author Culli Sheerfrost for the post (total 2):
Ilan TochnerDot Matrix
Chris Namaste

Re: plain female skin (without mesh 'pictures'

Post by Chris Namaste »

hi culli,
- normally,all creators (like myself) will, make skins copy-non transfer (ive never,encountered one that can be modified), its possible to try, for exemple (inmy shop), all the demo's, and u can request 'can u change this or that for me'-that has its reasons :) (nothing to do with u of course)
- i have about 5 percent here of what i really,have on pc, but rl can be such a hassle :) i do my best :)
- if u wish a custom shape,ucan also contact me,i make custom shapes or can s how u what i got (rl artist), it will b (by me) via voice,since typing is hard for me (just informing)
- in my shop i got clothing 'casual classic formal sexy naughty & more',if u find someth u like or wish to modify,feel free to contact me (if u can hear voice) :)
- just saying,i listen-read and wld like to help --) yes,i wanna look like i feel as well 'thats why' :)
u can sort via name-type-etc in shop in kitelymarket, as well
chris namaste
https://www.kitely.com/market?store=9147297 chris creationz
Chris CreationZ url kitely market : https://www.kitely.com/market?store=914 ... &sort=date
Because ultimately we are not the avatars we create. We are not the pictures on the film stock. We are the light that shines through.Jim Carrey
Ada Radius

Post by Ada Radius »

Hi Culli! There are quite a few opensource skins you can modify yourself, in Gimp (free) or PhotoShop (free older version) and upload to use (free uploads in opensim!) I think the most reliable place to find the files are at www. outworldz.com, click on the Freebie tab>more downloads>skins. The Eloh Eliot skin files have many layers - you don't need to be an artist, just pick the layers you want or paint your own. If you're not familiar with how to work in PhotoShop or Gimp or how to upload textures and make skins, there are hundreds of tutorials for Second Life and Open Sim that show you how. It's fun.

If you haven't heard about it, there is a project ongoing in OpenSim - Ruth2.0 - a free, opensource mesh avatar body that can be customized yourself with textures for skin and clothing and your own shape. The google community is here: https://plus.google.com/communities/103 ... 0662433219 where you can find more information.

I hear you on more conservative clothing! I am working on some, for the Ruth2.0 body; I'll be showing a few at the Kitely Fashion show on Sunday and they'll be up in my shop soon after the show, if all goes as planned.

Ada
Culli Sheerfrost wrote:I have found it hard here at Kitely to find a plain 'skin' that can be more or less refined and detailed, customized by me. All that I've found are either mesh (and Ive even bought one that came close, but wasn't customizeable at all!) - or somehow I am unable to change skin tone or basic facial parameters as I was able to in SL (don't get me wrong, I love it here and feel it's a great deal to get 65K land for this price) but I am sort of new to all world creation and scripting and well, everything, so please help me out. and yes, I've worked with the shapes beneath the skins, but that doesn't seem to make much difference or else makes me look deformed.

The real problem is that all the avatars I have found in Kitely are a) basically the same pretty little face and b) have to stay that way so I'm either adorably cute or out of luck :-) Thank you all, but as I said, this is all pretty new to me but I hate looking a certain 'way' that feels just crappy to me and unbelievable. Plus, I do like to show my individuality.

Also (while I'm at it) I am sick of clothes in both second life and here that insist on showing my midriff - ie pants that really stop at the hip line and not the waist. I have continually found these also unmodifiable in the true sense. Don't get me wrong, I don't actually want to become a fashion designer here, but I also don't feel comfortable showing my bare stomach either virtually or in reality. Thanks for reading. I am open to suggestions. I have worked it out, unsatisfactorally by combining underskirts with some color and 'adding' cardigans or overblouses. but still, this is a pain.

v/r,
Culli - (could be very respectfully or just virtually real :-)
These users thanked the author Ada Radius for the post (total 2):
Ilan TochnerDot Matrix
Chris Namaste

Post by Chris Namaste »

=) yes, i participate in fashion show as well,its gonna,be,great

for making a lovely, skin and that goes for clothing & texturing as well),it takes,more than tutorials and a basic os template nowadays - good tutorials & if u take a year (depending the time ugot, rl etc), u mite b able to create your own, and u do need,to be an artist 'for the detail'
or else,invest for much money all kindsa brushes,
the good old eloh eliot & linda kellie - they re great,basics to start,but they need many hours of learning & investing insight & hard work to have someth,lovely,that is really nice
Chris CreationZ url kitely market : https://www.kitely.com/market?store=914 ... &sort=date
Because ultimately we are not the avatars we create. We are not the pictures on the film stock. We are the light that shines through.Jim Carrey
Culli Sheerfrost

Thank you for your replies. um...what I think didn't 'come over' was that I don't want a mesh avatar that can or cannot be modified. (or that needs to be airbrushed, or artfully made over...I'm just not interested in that. It is not that I don't have the tools - I don't have the inclination I'm here to build OTHER things...

I would like a simple (were they just prims?) avatar like I have in sl that was easily modified and did not have a face painted on and skin tone painted on. But be that as it may, I am pretty happy with the "Hanny' avatar that I bought and it will do.
I also found a freebee script called "make happy" that (wonder of wonders) makes me SMILE - which is something I've been trying to find since the beginning here and in SL BIG YAY (BIG SMILE!)

...so, I'll settle for what I have...I've also found some lovely mesh freebee clotheS here on Kitely that serve as 'cardigans' or hoodies that do come down over my hips, as I prefer - thank you.

It's just not important to me to 'look sexy' here as I spend most time alone on my island building stuff (for now, anyway)...and when I do go to public meetings, etc...at least I don't have to look like a chick on the make. Thanks. i REALLY love Kitely and the freedom I have here to build my own island - and I think that having the servers serve 'on demand' is just brilliant and makes so much sense. In general I feel

Culli. ps (maybe later I will post a pic of what I came up with - but I really do appreciate the thoughtful and timely responses. Like I said, I like it here and people here seem more intent on the building and sharing that is so wonderful in 'these worlds' - hope to see you at the fashion show - we can't all be stay-at-home plain jane geeks, after all :-)
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Thank you Culli,

You can find some smile animations / scripts in Kitely Market: https://www.kitely.com/market?wt=os&q=smile+script
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Culli Sheerfrost
Culli Sheerfrost

Wow! Thank you for taking such thoughtful measures to read and post on my (seriously) little problem. As I said, the smile makes it all worthwhile. will soon post a pic of the New Me doing so --- I think, in a way that's all the customizing I needed, as it gets me away from that (no offense, seriously - to anyone) but that sort of blank dazed come-hither look which (again, sorry) but sort of ccreeped me out :-) in BOTH worlds - and SL did NOT make the solution easy to find. I looked up the scripting for 'big smile' and 'Tooth smile' for days and had no luck ! So, heartfelt thanks to you here at Kitely for making my existence here MUCH more comfortable (and happy!)
These users thanked the author Culli Sheerfrost for the post:
Ilan Tochner
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

YVW Culli, please let us know if there is anything else you need.
Chris Namaste

Post by Chris Namaste »

hi culli, donno if u (could) read,my post (typing is bad iknow),
i only talked,about layers & 'regular avatars' & dito skins as well, im happy,ufound good stuff
but there,is much in kitely,market that is the style uwish u have, as well,
its abit getting used to how to look-find,but u will :)
Culli Sheerfrost

Hi, all. I have found a couple of 'good looks' for me and great outfits. I love Kitely markets! and yes, i always like to get some new stuff once in a while to feel spiffy. :-) Thanks for all your help.
These users thanked the author Culli Sheerfrost for the post (total 3):
Ilan TochnerChris NamasteDot Matrix