Looking for "Falling" water for Fallingwater

Post requests for goods or services
Michael Timeless

Looking for "Falling" water for Fallingwater

Post by Michael Timeless »

One of my favorite things is nature. The Army was a great place to go for long walks in the woods. Now that I've been in the virtual worlds for a while I still like, after a stressful day to simply go for a walk, silly as that sounds, when you've been physically hurt walking helps. Anyway I'm rambling. What I'm looking for is a waterfall. Not a rotating cylinder. I've been using one form or another of rotating cylinders and sculpted and mesh waterfalls for years and none of them ever really look or feel right. I have a good, bad, example on my world of Fallingwater (the name says why I'm interested in waterfalls doesn't it).
I've tried different ways of doing it but confess I'm not creative enough to get it right. I'd like to put one to three of them out on this sim. Skye has some very creative pieces of the puzzle - and I'm using some of his stuff, but I have yet to see something that combines all the elements, any suggestions?
These users thanked the author Michael Timeless for the post:
Ilan Tochner
Hypatia Emerson

Re: Looking for "Falling" water for Fallingwater

Post by Hypatia Emerson »

One thing I have been told over and over because I'm not that creative either is layers. The world is not just one thing so layers of things interacting look more real. The best falls I have seen were in an OAR from Outworldz but I can't remember which one :? I can however describe the elements it had. There was the water falling yes but there was fog at the bottom, there was a rain particle maker or a few of them causing the spray, there was the sound and there were rocks both parting it at the top as well as all down the length of it in random places. The mist/fog was not just at the bottom it was also lightly where the water hit rocks. There was a light rain spray at those locations as well. I hope that helps out but if not I believe it was Isis Ophelia that did the waterfall I'm thinking of you might want to look her up. Not sure what grid but maybe you can find a place at outworldz.com to drop her a line? Avia Bonne does some really awesome stuff as well.
These users thanked the author Hypatia Emerson for the post (total 2):
Robert StanleyMichael Timeless
Full Moon Mesh is available in Kitely Marketplace and soon coming to a shop near you!
Dot Matrix

Post by Dot Matrix »

There are several kits on Kitely Market, some of which include examples you can pull to pieces and rebuild.

Some examples:
Imladris on Kitely has lots of waterfalls. These were built with items available across the hypergrid.
These users thanked the author Dot Matrix for the post (total 3):
Michael TimelessHypatia EmersonIlan Tochner
Constance Peregrine

Post by Constance Peregrine »

ok here I go again lol

On the tiny I have an animation that my notes remind Linda made for me. This should get it:
tineyfold.bvh

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6pQoe ... sp=sharing

About the waterfall, I did make them as noted but I can't recall what oar I saved it in. Fred has a couple of them and one I made he says Praline did (likely because she had gotten it from me and her name went to it). I have 3 I could find on my google drive. They are all single region size. So you can save your current region (or make another) and then load these up until you find it or not.

The waterfall is as described. It is in multiple objects so to get it I guess would be best done by forming a build around the entire thing and saving that (well I can't recall the word it is called when multiple objects are saved in one file). These oars should all have an attribution file giver someplace. These are old and some items would be obsolete (scripts and such) so ymmv and I will try to keep an eye on any comments made that I need to respond to. PMs are ok also.

khaznehekfinal.tgz

retreat minethere.oar

chinesefinalV1.oar
These users thanked the author Constance Peregrine for the post (total 3):
Ilan TochnerMichael TimelessRobert Stanley
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...