We need Edwardian and Victorian Clothing

Post requests for goods or services
Zippidy DoDaa

Re: We need Edwardian and Victorian Clothing

Post by Zippidy DoDaa »

I'm so very sorry for your loss Koshari. Loss is never an easy thing, and I'm not sure any words I could say would heal your pain any faster. I have had many losses, and I only wish I could give you a huge comforting hug now. My heart is truly with you for comfort.

There is nothing of discomfort here. Just a busy place. I thank you greatly for your concern. I'm just very sorry that my first intentions have gone astray. But I will do the best that I can, to continue what I set out to do. Just might be bits & pieces floating by for the near future until things settle down once again. I truly am sorry for your loss. I wish I could do more for you.
Koshari Mahana

Post by Koshari Mahana »

Thank you so much Zippidy, I really appreciate your kindness.

There is no pressure about the clothing, real life has to come first.

Thanks again for caring. <3
These users thanked the author Koshari Mahana for the post:
Chris Namaste
VISIT FOUR WINDS ON THE MARKET
VISIT FOUR WINDS INWORLD: hop://grid.kitely.com:8002/Coopersville/909/907/21
Jon Nielsen

Post by Jon Nielsen »

I am so sorry to hear this, Koshari.
Koshari Mahana wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:57 am
Thanks for letting us know. I've been a bit slow on opening Coopersville (Edwardian community) because the man who has lived with me in real life for the last 12 years died the end of August and it's taking me a bit of time to get back into things again.
These users thanked the author Jon Nielsen for the post:
Chris Namaste
Koshari Mahana

Post by Koshari Mahana »

I'm now in the homestretch and will be opening Coopersville on or about April 21st.

I'm wondering if anyone has come up with Victorian or Edwardian clothing yet. If you have please let me know. I'd love to see them!
These users thanked the author Koshari Mahana for the post (total 2):
Ilan TochnerChris Namaste
Chris Namaste

Post by Chris Namaste »

Image :) attached (if all worked well) two pics of the new collection that is lovely for medieval & edwardian (& more)
hope u like :)
many versions will follow of this gown, with patterns etc :)
chris
Attachments
gown long Medieval dress-leather belt, yellol-black f.png
gown long Medieval dress-leather belt, yellol-black f.png (191.97 KiB) Viewed 19665 times
gown long Medieval dress-leather belt, blueteal-brown f.png
gown long Medieval dress-leather belt, blueteal-brown f.png (172.25 KiB) Viewed 19665 times
These users thanked the author Chris Namaste for the post (total 2):
Koshari MahanaDot Matrix
Chris CreationZ url kitely market : https://www.kitely.com/market?store=914 ... &sort=date
Because ultimately we are not the avatars we create. We are not the pictures on the film stock. We are the light that shines through.Jim Carrey
Koshari Mahana

Post by Koshari Mahana »

Thank you Chris! Those are lovely :)
These users thanked the author Koshari Mahana for the post:
Chris Namaste
Dot Matrix

Post by Dot Matrix »

They look great, Chris! :-)
These users thanked the author Dot Matrix for the post:
Chris Namaste
melinda lucy
Has thanked: 0

Post by melinda lucy »

Zippidy DoDaa wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:50 pm
Thank you Koshari. Your name has a beautiful ring to it to. Michael, thank you for the Gayazo information. Will be checking into that. Sounds much easier. :)

There is also another note of information for this era. For most of the era the decorations on the clothing were mostly embroidered with beautiful rich threads, as when they started entering the flapper style pencil dress it was mostly beaded. That was considered to be a drastic change. The ladies doing embroidery really slowed down at the end. I'm guessing because they were getting more adventurous. It is also quicker to bead then embroider. Love doing both:)

I am also a costume designer, and will be starting with the Edwardian era. Not just woman's costumes, but men and children also. I'm afraid that I only do small pieces in mesh for extra detail. All of my creations will be the old standard way of making clothes. I also would like your input on an idea that I was thinking about. Since there is really no hair out there yet,(Edwardian style) I was thinking on adding it directly to my hats. Giving the choice of hat with hair and without hair..... a girl just has to have choices...:):):).
What were the hairstyles for black people living in the Victorian era?
They tried to adapt their natural hair texture to the (dominated by European straight-haired aesthetic standards) fashion of the day, pretty much as they do today.

Men probably mostly got away with wearing very short hair, but for women, it probably involved a lot of straightening irons, pomade, hairpieces, and whatnot.
Chris Namaste

Post by Chris Namaste »

:) melinda, yes,ive bought several in mesh,sadly uploading is a problem lately,and i cant get the hairs in kitely :'(

in mean while,ive made a few more dresses,outfits& avatars, christa
Attachments
ava ulrick outfit ulric broeksand medieval-5x mesh-briac5PG-will f.png
ava ulrick outfit ulric broeksand medieval-5x mesh-briac5PG-will f.png (308.37 KiB) Viewed 15131 times
balkl Lmouw speciaal a hand CIRA DRESS medieval grey f.png
balkl Lmouw speciaal a hand CIRA DRESS medieval grey f.png (447.85 KiB) Viewed 15131 times
balkl k mouw MEDIEVAL UNDERBUST CORSET DRESS 5x paisley brown f.png
balkl k mouw MEDIEVAL UNDERBUST CORSET DRESS 5x paisley brown f.png (343.2 KiB) Viewed 15131 times
Last edited by Chris Namaste on Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris CreationZ url kitely market : https://www.kitely.com/market?store=914 ... &sort=date
Because ultimately we are not the avatars we create. We are not the pictures on the film stock. We are the light that shines through.Jim Carrey
Chris Namaste

Post by Chris Namaste »

Image[/img]
Attachments
kleed halfl 1920 bolero flapper dress ALICE red-tan f.png
kleed halfl 1920 bolero flapper dress ALICE red-tan f.png (215.16 KiB) Viewed 15131 times
outfit man medieval laced pantsbr-tsh bucklebr-vestgreen f.png
outfit man medieval laced pantsbr-tsh bucklebr-vestgreen f.png (342.03 KiB) Viewed 15131 times
These users thanked the author Chris Namaste for the post:
Ilan Tochner