Getting Started Making Skins, Clothes, Hair, Shoes

Post requests for goods or services
Serenity Sinclaire

Getting Started Making Skins, Clothes, Hair, Shoes

Post by Serenity Sinclaire »

If anyone can suggest a starting point for making clothes, hair, shoes, and skins without photoshop or gimp (I use paint.net and other options that do just as well), and where to find updated templates for these things, I would greatly appreciate it.

I do graphics work anyway and have always been good at it...it's the way it needs to be done to make SL/OS items I am totally lost. If I can find the right resources, I can get started learning the process and create some nice skins, clothes, and accessories for users here. I've googled and searched archives all over the net, and You Tube vids but can't seem to find anything that isn't photoshop/gimp centric, or that shows where to find the templates used for making any of this. Even the tutorials are horribly done - either no sound at all and they put it on speed so I have no clue what they're even doing, or worse, some godawful music drowning out the speaker, or it's just unclear all around.

I know these people learned from somewhere, they all started at Point A - I'm asking those people WHERE THE SAMHELL IS POINT A!!! :mrgreen:

I'd like to focus o doing these for males since they always get the cheap short end of the fashion stick...it's needed, but most of the stuff I've seen for guys looks like utter garbage. I will definitely be making better shapes for men that are more physique realistic than the overblown toon weight lifters with short skinny legs that seem to be rampant on every male shape model in the Metaverse. Men don't look that way in real life. They shouldn't look crappy in world either but most creators focus on women and they skimp terribly on guy stuff and I've never understood why that is...they could do a good business if they'd go on and make things for guys that look good.

So if you can direct me to the best (free for starting) resources to be able to learn the ropes, I will make all the Kitely dudes look fabulous!

Thanks!