WANTED Clothing for MakeHuman

Post requests for goods or services
Lunk Portal

WANTED Clothing for MakeHuman

Post by Lunk Portal »

Hey everyone, after learning how to create characters and upload them into Kitely, and animated them (animesh) my next hurdle is the clothing.

So, apparently, the clothing is created with Blender. I tried using assets already available, however, there are limitations. If you have visited my SIM TatooineRP then you know I am working hard at making the SIM awesome. I need a couple of items that I just cannot create myself. So I need some help.

I need a few items created in Blender that work with MakeHuman avatars.

JAWA: Hoods ( a couple of variations), robes, belt, single bandolier, double bandolier. This would give me enough mix and match items to make quite a few different Jawa's around Mos Eisley.

JEDI: Robe, belt, clothes

Anyone who can help I would greatly appreciate it!

These need to work with MakeHuman because that is how I make my Animesh NPCs.

Thanks!
These users thanked the author Lunk Portal for the post (total 3):
Ilan TochnerSelby EvansAda Radius
B. A. Shields (Lunk Portal)
TatooineRP Region
TatooineRP Website
Kitely Market - Lunk's Loot
My Novels and other Projects
https://linktr.ee/bashields
Ada Radius

Re: WANTED Clothing for MakeHuman

Post by Ada Radius »

I have a weefolk Chompy costume in progress that I wore for the May 4th festivities and costume contest. I'm calling it medieval robe with WWII bandoliers, as I am not going to violate Star Wars copyright. It wouldn't be a problem making versions for other mesh avatars as long as they're small enough.
EXCEPT there's a problem with dae rigged mesh from Blender 3.x - they're arriving distorted around the waist, worse with fitted mesh but bad enough with mesh that has joint edits, such as weefolk. It didn't show up much with the loose robe and a simple dance, but it's behaving badly with some animations. If I try to take the mesh back to earlier Blender versions, such as 2.9x, the mesh I weighted in v3.x arrives in 2.9x without vertex weighting. I have no idea what's going on, but teaching the rigging class on Mondays with some very very bright people (ty Owl Eyes, Mike Lorrey) helped rule out some things. It's going to be a while before I can bring this stuff in to Kitely Market.
These users thanked the author Ada Radius for the post (total 2):
Ilan TochnerLunk Portal
Gregg Legendary

Post by Gregg Legendary »

These users thanked the author Gregg Legendary for the post (total 2):
Lunk PortalGraham Mills
Lunk Portal

Post by Lunk Portal »

Ada Radius wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:43 pm
I have a weefolk Chompy costume in progress that I wore for the May 4th festivities and costume contest. I'm calling it medieval robe with WWII bandoliers, as I am not going to violate Star Wars copyright. It wouldn't be a problem making versions for other mesh avatars as long as they're small enough.
EXCEPT there's a problem with dae rigged mesh from Blender 3.x - they're arriving distorted around the waist, worse with fitted mesh but bad enough with mesh that has joint edits, such as weefolk. It didn't show up much with the loose robe and a simple dance, but it's behaving badly with some animations. If I try to take the mesh back to earlier Blender versions, such as 2.9x, the mesh I weighted in v3.x arrives in 2.9x without vertex weighting. I have no idea what's going on, but teaching the rigging class on Mondays with some very very bright people (ty Owl Eyes, Mike Lorrey) helped rule out some things. It's going to be a while before I can bring this stuff in to Kitely Market.
As far as Star Wars copyright, Role Players easily avoid trouble by not making a business out of selling SW things. Adding terms like "inspired by", or "my version", usually do the trick for digital items. I have received a C&D letter or two from Lucas Arts as well as Disney over the last 20 years of making SW props, both in the real world as well as digital. In my SIM TatooineRP, I actually don't have any SW items for sale, but will later sell avatars and items "loosely" based on the SW universe. I never planned on selling any actual characters from the movies because let's face it, no one wants to play RP with 7 Darth Vaders, 12 Boba Fett's, and a few foul mouths Yada's.

My biggest goal will be an RPG system that will overshadow everything else I build on the SIM.
B. A. Shields (Lunk Portal)
TatooineRP Region
TatooineRP Website
Kitely Market - Lunk's Loot
My Novels and other Projects
https://linktr.ee/bashields