Furry and Pony Avatars

Post requests for goods or services
ShowStopper Eclipse

Furry and Pony Avatars

Post by ShowStopper Eclipse »

On Second Life I used to usually have my avatar as a My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic styled pony. However I've had a very hard time finding anything like them in any Opensim, including Kitely. There is a demand for Furry avatars in Opensim, and if Kitely was able to have a variety of furry avatars and animations and such, then I imagine that those users would come to Kitely.

I'd make them but I don't know how they're made. The MLP avatars I've used were made up of several body part made of prims that were attached to their respective body parts, and a skin that made the avatar skin transparent. There was also an animation override, which made the avatar be on all fours and walk, stand, and lay down like a pony. It also had a HUD that let you change the skin color, eye color, the mane and tail colors, and the "Cutie Mark" (AKA the symbol on their hindquarters) with any texture you had.

Does anyone here know how these are made, or can get someone on Kitely that can make them?
Constance Peregrine

Re: Furry and Pony Avatars

Post by Constance Peregrine »

someone gave me a pony avatar with anims in Metropolis a while back...but it was all free. I never wore it personally.

I think the parts are from various people so I doubt I can get permission to bring it here as some are likely not easily found, if at all.

The point being, they are in opensim, and free-)))

I guess if you want to come into Metropolis sometime I can pass it to you and you can decide how to go about getting permissions or whatever.

I try to be somewhat careful about what I bring in here especially until HG is enabled...then it can all be easily obtained.
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...
Ada Radius

Post by Ada Radius »

I'm have a bunch of character animal avs (from virtual theater productions of Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking-Glass - cat, sheep, horse, lizards, chess pieces, playing cards, yada oh my - and I'm working on converting them to rigged mesh, though RL is delaying me a lot. I won't be doing a My Little Pony, because that's a trademark, and none of mine are Luskwood style "furries" . But as soon as I can I'll bring in what I have.
:)
Ada

ShowStópper LadyTothian wrote:On Second Life I used to usually have my avatar as a My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic styled pony. However I've had a very hard time finding anything like them in any Opensim, including Kitely. There is a demand for Furry avatars in Opensim, and if Kitely was able to have a variety of furry avatars and animations and such, then I imagine that those users would come to Kitely.

I'd make them but I don't know how they're made. The MLP avatars I've used were made up of several body part made of prims that were attached to their respective body parts, and a skin that made the avatar skin transparent. There was also an animation override, which made the avatar be on all fours and walk, stand, and lay down like a pony. It also had a HUD that let you change the skin color, eye color, the mane and tail colors, and the "Cutie Mark" (AKA the symbol on their hindquarters) with any texture you had.

Does anyone here know how these are made, or can get someone on Kitely that can make them?
ShowStopper Eclipse

You wouldn't have to worry about trademarks. Hasbro pretty much lets people make this stuff because it's publicity for them. That's why there's so much MLP stuff around,
ShowStopper Eclipse

Minethere Always wrote:someone gave me a pony avatar with anims in Metropolis a while back...but it was all free. I never wore it personally.

I think the parts are from various people so I doubt I can get permission to bring it here as some are likely not easily found, if at all.

The point being, they are in opensim, and free-)))

I guess if you want to come into Metropolis sometime I can pass it to you and you can decide how to go about getting permissions or whatever.

I try to be somewhat careful about what I bring in here especially until HG is enabled...then it can all be easily obtained.
That would be pretty cool. Next time I go over there I'll send you a message.
Constance Peregrine

Post by Constance Peregrine »

kk...I should add I have no clue to the provenance of the items. And I do not get into such things.

So that would be up to you.

They could be used to figure out more how to do yourself or as-is or whatever, that is entirely your call-))

I am going in there in a few minutes or so and will take a moment to box it all, I needed to do that anyways.

eta: there is a notecard with the stuff that explains where the items come from...ymmv of course-))
These users thanked the author Constance Peregrine for the post:
ShowStopper Eclipse
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...