- Decide on your store name, and create a banner image 700x100 pixels and a thumbnail image 800x600pixels.
- Go to https://www.kitely.com and from the Kitely menu bar at the top, click on the "Go to" dropdown list and select "Create store" under the "My Store" heading
- In the dialog box that opens, type in your store name and add a short description in the "About" area (both can be changed later).
- Click the "Next" button and choose what email notifications (if any) you would like Kitely to send you. Then click the "Create" button.
- On the page that opens (the Store Home page) you can upload your store banner image and the thumbnail. Add your PayPal details if you want items to sell for US dollars. You can also tweak the store name and "About" text.
Would anyone like to try writing a simple and focused step-by-step explanation of how to add a product, say for a single item of clothing?
The problem is that Kitely Market is pretty sophisticated and has a lot of bells and whistles, but these can overcomplicate the process of getting an item listed. What can be safely ignored when listing your first product?
Possible sources of information:
The blog post Kitely Market is now open to merchants explains some of the basics with illustrations, but it is very out of date and is mixed up with early marketing messages
Official Kitely docmentation Kitely Market -- an "Overview" that goes into a lot of detail, justifying the choices made in setting up the Market in the first place, but it isn't a user-friendly or particularly practical guide (no info on aspect ratios of images, for example).
See also the pages listed at the end of the overview, especially
Product Listing Guidelines,
Respecting Intellectual Property, and
(not listed on the overview) Maturity Ratings Guidelines.