ERROR in the Market

Discussion and support for the Kitely Market
Scurvy Ragu 2
Has thanked: 0

ERROR in the Market

Post by Scurvy Ragu 2 »

Who knows what Missing collision sound: ffffffff-ffff-ffff-ffff-ffffffffffff is? When im getting an error trying to make a product in the market?
These users thanked the author Scurvy Ragu 2 for the post:
Ilan Tochner
Ilan Tochner

Re: ERROR in the Market

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Scurvy,

Please see: https://www.kitely.com/virtual-world-ne ... -products/

Your item probably includes a script that wasn't configured with a correct sound UUID or that references a sound asset that isn't included with the listing.
Kayaker Magic

Post by Kayaker Magic »

This looks like a bug in Kitley to me! The LL wiki says that I can use a blank sound name (two quotes "") in the call to llCollisionSound().
But if I put that in the state_entry of any script like this:
state_entry
{
CollisionSound("", 0.0); //recommended by the LL Wiki
}
Then the Kitely market gives me that error message about a bad collsion sound
The only way to prevent Kitely from displaying an error is to put SOME valid sound UUID between the quotes, and set the volume to 0.0 so you don't hear it.
These users thanked the author Kayaker Magic for the post:
Christine Nyn
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Kayaker,

The marketplace parses the script code for things that look like UUIDs, and it parses the inventory items for referenced UUIDs. It then flags the UUIDs it found that don't match assets that are included in the listing. The call to a function with an empty string doesn't register with the marketplace parser, but the result of you running that script probably assigned a default UUID to the object, and that default UUID doesn't match any asset that is included in the listing. Have you tried passing the UUID equivalent of a null value (all zeroes)?
Christine Nyn

Post by Christine Nyn »

Kayaker Magic wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 9:51 pm
This looks like a bug in Kitley to me! The LL wiki says that I can use a blank sound name (two quotes "") in the call to llCollisionSound().
But if I put that in the state_entry of any script like this:
state_entry
{
CollisionSound("", 0.0); //recommended by the LL Wiki
}
Then the Kitely market gives me that error message about a bad collsion sound
The only way to prevent Kitely from displaying an error is to put SOME valid sound UUID between the quotes, and set the volume to 0.0 so you don't hear it.
I'd incline to agrre with Kayaker on this one that there may be an unintended hole in the Market checking system.

Presumably something like

{
CollisionSound(NULL_KEY, 0.0);
}

would pass the test?
These users thanked the author Christine Nyn for the post:
Kayaker Magic
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Christine, yes it should.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Christine Nyn
Scurvy Ragu 2
Has thanked: 0

Post by Scurvy Ragu 2 »

Thanks to all of you
These users thanked the author Scurvy Ragu 2 for the post:
Graham Mills
Kayaker Magic

Post by Kayaker Magic »

The problem is that llCollisionSound("", 0.0); (I misspelled it in my first post on this thread) is a very common call that many scripters use to get rid of the annoying KLONK sound that physical objects make when they collide. For example, airplanes will make that KLONK sound when they touch the runway if you don't suppress it with that call. And the LL Wiki specifically recommends using a blank string for this purpose.

I tried using NULL_KEY as suggested, and this DID NOT WORK, it gave the FFFFFFF-FFF.... error message again from Kitely.

I also tried using "00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000", which is often thought to be the value of NULL_KEY and it also resulted in the FFFF... error message from Kitely as well.

Getting rid of the annoying KLONK sound is such a common thing to do, I am surprised that this issue has never come up before. Has something changed in the Kitely Market that is causing this message to start popping up? I'm not a big fan of the physics engines, so I don't write many physical vehicles. But I would guess that EVERY good physical vehicle script ever uploaded to Kitely should have gotten this error message.
These users thanked the author Kayaker Magic for the post:
Christine Nyn
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Kayaker,

We haven't changed any code relating to Kitely Market for quite a long time now.