so where is all the content?

Discussion and support for the Kitely Market
Samantha Atkins

so where is all the content?

Post by Samantha Atkins »

I haven't looked at the market in at least a month. I thought that perhaps especially with the export anywhere option that the market with be booming with content creators who want to expand into the rest of the metaverse and at least participate for free (recouping costs) if not make a bit of coin. But it seems the content has not really expanded much at all in that time. Are there stats on this somewhere? Anyone know what is missing that would get this moving? I personally don't have a lot of time to build and create more content myself to add to the store but i am surprised there is not more apparent activity. Theories?
Constance Peregrine

Re: so where is all the content?

Post by Constance Peregrine »

I don't mind jumping in with some thoughts.

Currently there are 4755 variations of individual content on the MP, and there are 2392 singly identified items [or whatever it is worded].

According to notations I made in my own blog http://minethere.blogspot.com/2013/06/kitely-grid.html to help me remember some things, it opened 30 August 2013 with beta testing of hypergrid delivery starting early March 2014 and fully opened to HG late March 2014 as noted here http://www.kitely.com/virtual-world-new ... en-to-all/.

I am given to understand some folks will be adding much more who are already in the MP, such as http://www.kitely.com/market?store=2570982 and http://www.kitely.com/market?store=2337532 and I have noticed quite a few new people lately adding things...often the case is they start slow, see how it goes, then add much more.

I have heard out in the Meta of people purchasing content via the HG protocol and find that quite fascinating, personally.

In comparison with another MP I am somewhat familiar with from past affiliations, Inbiz of inwz had, last time I saw the numbers posted [I can't find them anymore so it may have been removed when she did her site update some months back] 16k items...accumulated over 5 or so years [likely somewhat but closely less than 5 years, I was not around then].

I have no clue and no interest in how many the SL MP has, and it is likely not relevant. Island Oasis has one but I do not know much on that one either.

So taking such general numbers, I would posit it is doing quite well.

I do read of some reticence on some people's part, but this is only a time thing as the word goes out and factual information overcomes the dis and mis information some with agendas are doing.

So, it seems fine to my eyes, but then content things are not of much interest to me. I prefer more social type things, so this is mainly just some passing thoughts to help answer your question until others come around, hopefully, who are more invested.

be well...
These users thanked the author Constance Peregrine for the post:
oopsee joseppe
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...
oopsee joseppe

Post by oopsee joseppe »

When i joined Kitely some 2 or 3 months ago I have seen the marketplace boom with new content even before the delivery to other grids began. I think this may have been anticipation of delivery to other grids that boosted the participation? Since opening to other grids I have seen new stores open adding content, :D
I think the rolling snowball is starting and we can look forward to a continuously growing marketplace.
I have had sales to other grids now. The momentum is starting.
I also think it is very early and word of mouth will spread in time. Give it a year or two...
Last edited by oopsee joseppe on Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author oopsee joseppe for the post (total 3):
Constance PeregrineIlan TochnerMin Tigerpaw
Constance Peregrine

oopsee joseppe wrote:When i joined Kitely some 2 or 3 months ago I have see the marketplace boom with new content even before the delivery to other grids began. I think this may have been anticipation of delivery to other grids that boosted the participation? Since opening to other grids I have seen new stores open adding content, :D
I think the rolling snowball is starting and we can look forward to a continuously growing marketplace.
I have had sales to other grids now. The momentum is starting.
I also think it is very early and word of mouth will spread in time. Give it a year or two...
Yes, Leighton was quite impressed with your offsim Volcano mountain, so much so he posted photos on g+ [btw, are you on g+ oopsee? if not, you might do so as it is very useful and you are brought up sometimes, Savino being one-)) [whom is a mutual friend whom I adore].

Kitely has a community on g+ also. opps...eta: https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/113904954 ... erid=gplp0
These users thanked the author Constance Peregrine for the post:
oopsee joseppe

Ephemeral wanderer...
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Samantha,

I think the main indicators of a marketplace's "worthiness" is how many transactions it handles, how much money passes hands, whether or not buyers return to buy additional items, and whether or not merchants that have already listed items and have had time to experience the value of that marketplace decide to list additional items. There are a couple of merchants that have already had around $1000 worth of sales and a few who have sold hundreds of dollars worth of items. Successful merchants continue to add more items to their store and buyers often return to buy additional items. On all these fronts the marketplace is doing good. The only thing we need to do to make the marketplace successful is drive more traffic to it.

The number of buyers in the marketplace is constantly growing, we've only just opened hypergrid delivery so most people who aren't Kitely users have yet to try out the marketplace. We also haven't started advertising yet and rely mostly on word of mouth and blog posts people write about our service. While reception has been very good it will take time until word of Kitely market reaches all the potential merchants and buyers. Every happy customer brings more customers, every happy merchant brings in more merchants. It's only a matter of time until the number of quality items listed in Kitely Market grows enough to encompass everyone's needs, including your own.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 3):
Ozwell Wayfareroopsee joseppeMin Tigerpaw
Amiryu Hosoi

Post by Amiryu Hosoi »

Hey Guys and Girls,

A brief message from Ami.

Content is the most important in virtual worlds and people may ask when the "flood" will take place. I can only tell for myself. I have been very busy bringing a selection of my items into Kitely but, doing so, ment, reviewing, repackaging, rewriting, rebrand every item for both SL and Kitely. In other words, a hell of a job. I have seen some good sales in Kitely so, I will be adding more in the near future. People, merchants, buyers, even the board of SL is watching closely and I am sure, one day, soon the "flood" will come. The Kitely marketplace is great, the content so far is great and the people putting all together, tech-wise, are doing a great job.

Especially now Hypergrid sales is enabled the "Kitely path" will be a major step in virtual world distribution. I would like to say to all merchants in both SL and Kitely to get ready and hop on the wagon now you can. This is your chance to settle your brand! Be ready and be prepared! I will take up my listing work asap and add another 500 or so items in the comming weeks.

I just hope all those hesitating merchants and designers that are out there will open up their work to the Open Sim community soon. Its worth it and people are awaiting your wonderful items.

Keep up the great work,

Ami
These users thanked the author Amiryu Hosoi for the post (total 3):
Min TigerpawIlan TochnerConstance Peregrine
Now delivering to hypergrid http://www.kitely.com/market?store=2570982
Constance Peregrine

I know I will become the next Internet Millionaire, just as soon as Kitely gives me a way to get my terrains on their MP!!!!

[goes to count my non-existent millions and stuff some away in secret places all over my 5 acres, starts buying tons of things with my credit cards in anticipation]
These users thanked the author Constance Peregrine for the post (total 2):
oopsee joseppeDeuce Halsey

Ephemeral wanderer...
Brayla Sana

Post by Brayla Sana »

Also realize, that a lot of "content" on that "other" marketplace is variations and demos that have to be added as separate items.
Dadiella's for Fashion and Brayla Sana Gallery for Building!
Chav Paderborn

Post by Chav Paderborn »

I eated it?
These users thanked the author Chav Paderborn for the post (total 5):
Constance PeregrineDundridge DreadlowKeith Selmesoopsee joseppeMarstol Nitely