Change the way demos are purchased

Discussion and support for the Kitely Market
Funk Schnook
Has thanked: 0

Change the way demos are purchased

Post by Funk Schnook »

While the Kitely market does a lot of things well, I think the way demos are purchased needs to be changed and made easier.

Right now, the customer needs to actually add the item to cart, then click the demo link. If they dont like the demo, they have to remove it from the cart etc.

It would be much easier if there was a demo link directly on the item page, which delivers to the customer as soon as it's clicked.

I would also like to have a "global" demo link, instead of a demo for each variation. I'm selling skins, with each variation listed, along with a pack variation. Right now I'm adding the demos to the pack option only, and simply sending a single folder of all the demo skins.

I would like this link to appear on every variation.
Ilan Tochner

Re: Change the way demos are purchased

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Funk,

Requiring items to be added to the shopping cart in order to try out the demo does two things:

1) It ensures that if someone likes an item they just tried out that they will have that item in their shopping cart without needing to go back and search for it. It's more important that sales are easy than browsing demos.

2) It reduces "demo spamming" where people's inventories get filled up with demos for items they don't actually want (bigger inventories slow down the system and cost us money for storage). The requirement to add the items to the shopping cart before testing them and removing them from the shopping cart if they don't want them creates a small hurdle that makes it inconvenient to test a lot of items people aren't seriously considering to buy.

Demos should be for what the customer is going to get. Why not just add the correct demo to each variation instead of adding them all for all the variations? It requires a bit more work on your part during the listing process but it reduces "demo spamming" and ensures that the potential buyer will get the demo for the item they are considering in a properly named folder which they can correlate with what is in their shopping cart. Delivering multiple demos into one folder increases the chance of people buying a variation that isn't the same as the one they tested and liked.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Selby Evans
Funk Schnook

Post by Funk Schnook »

Ilan Tochner wrote:Hi Func,
Hi Ilan, its actually FunK with a K (just pointing it out, no big deal) :)

While I understand all your points, I don't actually agree with any of them. Thank you for reading my feedback though.

When it comes to skins, from my experience in SL, a customer would grab all the demos anyway, try them all then decide what to get. By adding demos to each variation and the pack, I would be creating more "demo spam" than having a single demo folder
Dundridge Dreadlow

Post by Dundridge Dreadlow »

Maybe just mention in the description there is a demo for the whole set in the complete set variation or something ?
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
PS. Kitely is awesome.
Funk Schnook

Post by Funk Schnook »

Dundridge Dreadlow wrote:Maybe just mention in the description there is a demo for the whole set in the complete set variation or something ?
Thats actually what I'm doing. eg: http://www.kitely.com/market/product/41 ... ar=4117280
These users thanked the author Funk Schnook for the post:
Dundridge Dreadlow
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Sorry about that Funk, I've gone back and changed the name to correct the spelling.