How to upgrade previously bought items to Export?

Discussion and support for the Kitely Market
Dot Matrix

How to upgrade previously bought items to Export?

Post by Dot Matrix »

As a customer I prefer to buy Export-enabled items whenever possible so that any OARs/backups of regions are complete.

Unfortunately, not all the items needed for builds were originally available in Export versions. But now some of them are having Export variations added -- hurray!

But how should I upgrade previously bought non-Export items to Export-enabled?

Do I have to buy them all over again, paying the full price?

Or is it possible to pay the difference in prices between non-Export and Export variations? If so, how?
These users thanked the author Dot Matrix for the post:
Shandon Loring
Ilan Tochner

Re: How to upgrade previously bought items to Export?

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Dot,

There isn't an upgrade option between product variations so you're currently limited to manual ways of doing this. We'll consider adding such a feature but I can't promise how soon that will happen.

If you contact the merchant that person can use the Redeliver option in his or her Kitely Market Sales History page to send you the latest version of the product variation you bought (he or she can also gift you the item via Kitely Market or send it to you inworld). If there is an extra payment required that will have to be done outside Kitely Market. Either by you sending them money via PayPal or by sending them Kitely Credits inworld (this is something you'll have to discuss with the merchant ahead of time).
Dot Matrix

Re: How to upgrade previously bought items to Export?

Post by Dot Matrix »

Thanks, Ilan. An official upgrade option via the Market might be nice to have in the future, though I understand it will be a long way down on the to do list. In the meantime I'll do what you suggest.