Short MP milestones list...add yours if you wish.

Discussion and support for the Kitely Market
Constance Peregrine

Short MP milestones list...add yours if you wish.

Post by Constance Peregrine »

I just noticed the MP has over 3000 items and over 5700 variations of which over 2300 are exportable to other grids.

This opened 30 August 2013, beta testing of hypergrid delivery started March 2014, and opened to HG 21 March 2014.

So all this has happened in the space of one year, which to my knowledge is more rapid growth than any other online grid based MP excluding maybe SL [I was not there then, I was actually working for a living then...lol]

[any errors I made or favorite things related to this pls say so, it's all good]-)

Hypergating for residents into and out of Kitely was enabled 18 May 2014, which capped the deal, for me, of the things I had been watching.

No other OpenSim based grid has accomplished what this grid has done, and, imo, I expect more to follow their lead. Already, two previously totally closed commercial grids are testing enabling HG to specific regions, and more are coming to enable the Kitely MP deliveries into their grids.

I think what remains of importance is to let more creators know, especially from those currently allowing deliveries in, and those testing enabling HG, that they can use the MP here and expand their sales potentially very much.
These users thanked the author Constance Peregrine for the post (total 4):
Ilan TochnerSelby EvansOzwell WayfarerRobert Stanley
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...
Carlos Loff

Re: Short MP milestones list...add yours if you wish.

Post by Carlos Loff »

I never invested much on SL Market, was more of a community manager and world builder, but I managed to sell a few items in 7 years

At Kitely, in less than 3 months I sold more items than on SL

So, not being a super-gifted or experienced seller, that proves that such a great growth and expansion comes from the need of goods and half the items were for HG out of Kitely

So this small personal experience gave me courage to invest more time and mind in new products and gadgets and every creator should invest in diversity at the MP because the buyers market is VERY VERY HUNGRY

We should organise a formal campaign inside SL to bring creators into Kitely, is very easy for those that already have SL products to upload them + Pics and Infos - They have it done, just need to know Kitely is here and we are hungry

Any ideas ??? I would not mind investing some time and skills inside SL to gather the attention of proven creators, I have know how, contacts and inventory but I lack land

How to approach inside SL ?
------------------------------------
- Spread the word inside our populated SL Groups ???
- Promote themed events for creators-rasing ???
- Post - Come to Kitely - adds on high traffic place boards ???
- Gather some cash for a Homestead Rental and create a Kitely Welcome SIM ???
These users thanked the author Carlos Loff for the post (total 3):
Constance PeregrineSelby EvansIlan Tochner
Kitely - Meta Lisbon --> grid.kitely.com:8002:Meta Lisbon Startups
Join Me on Meetup --> https://www.meetup.com/metalisbonstartups/
Join Kitely Group --> Meta Lisbon Startups
Constance Peregrine

Carlos, I do think many here still have some land holdings in SL also, perhaps they will offer some space for some kind of what you refer to.

As I, and others, were very keen on not only seeing the MP here started, but also to see how well it did, I think it is a success, and done extremely well.

Personally, I am an anti-capitalist and anarchist [ok, I RP this, in reality I conform because I have little choice...lol] but I always saw the need for commercial interests in OpenSim.

The "hows" of it had been my issue, and it mostly is the root of perpetual drama from all I have seen, HOWEVER, the way Kitely has enabled it takes most of that out of the equation, which to my eyes is a good thing.

Most of the drama comes from artificial lock-in and by those who are invested in perpetuating disinformation related to this.

Add in the potential for very good sales via the export option and the growth of OS going on, the fact that those who want licensed content [the majority of OS buyers who wish to insure their content is legal] and the actual proof -of -concept by those who have in fact made excellent sales here, the entire package is, and will continue to be, increasingly seen as a smart thing to do by content people who use their sales in all this to either support themselves fully in reality or to augment their other incomes.

regards
These users thanked the author Constance Peregrine for the post:
Carlos Loff

Ephemeral wanderer...
Carlos Loff

Post by Carlos Loff »

Wile I was RL at the Bus I gave it some thought

I think I will try out some kind of Kitely Safe Landing Heaven for SLers

A world where they can have a first base for home and sandbox so they feel confortable, welcome, private and not compromised with memberships

Than they will be able to fly out of the nest and contribute to all

But still I must think of a mass advertising inside SL besides sending private notecards invites
These users thanked the author Carlos Loff for the post:
Constance Peregrine
Selby Evans

Post by Selby Evans »

Carlos Loff wrote:
We should organise a formal campaign inside SL to bring creators into Kitely, is very easy for those that already have SL products to upload them + Pics and Infos - They have it done, just need to know Kitely is here and we are hungry

Any ideas ??? I would not mind investing some time and skills inside SL to gather the attention of proven creators, I have know how, contacts and inventory but I lack land

I have posted an article: Why would content creators think about selling in the Kitely market?
http://virtualoutworlding.blogspot.com/ ... would.html

I may post another, referencing comments on this forum.

I can make articles available in poster form (Browser on Prim) in SL if anyone wants to display them. (I am Thinkerer Melville there.)
These users thanked the author Selby Evans for the post (total 2):
Constance PeregrineIlan Tochner
Carlos Loff

Post by Carlos Loff »

Selby Evans wrote:
Carlos Loff wrote:

I have posted an article: Why would content creators think about selling in the Kitely market?
http://virtualoutworlding.blogspot.com/ ... would.html

I may post another, referencing comments on this forum.

I can make articles available in poster form (Browser on Prim) in SL if anyone wants to display them. (I am Thinkerer Melville there.)
Hi, I believe there should be also a reference to something as simplistic as appealing to a Merchant like these 2 factors

1 - Fast and easy market launching:
>>> Creators from SL have all the hardest work done on SL - Products - Descriptions - Pictures - Launching on Kitely is just a simple and fast matter of uploads and copy-pastes

2 - Hungry market because of:
A >>> Market is still very small and lacking basic items - For example, we can't find stuff so basic and needed for everyone as: a simple Sex Bed, an Animated Pet, Fireworks, Events Stage, a Ridable Horse or a Swimming Pool
B >>> Lack of competition on many fields - Whoever bring on these basic items will be the first and only one, so all the buyers will flock into that specific store

Hope to have contributed to your postings

The main thing is - How many SL Creators really know about Kitely existence ???
Constance Peregrine

You might also mention that there are no magic boxes and such things needed, to me that is a plus.
These users thanked the author Constance Peregrine for the post:
Carlos Loff

Ephemeral wanderer...
Isis Ophelia

Post by Isis Ophelia »

1 - Fast and easy market launching:
>>> Creators from SL have all the hardest work done on SL - Products - Descriptions - Pictures - Launching on Kitely is just a simple and fast matter of uploads and copy-pastes
This applies to some creators i.e. those selling clothing or landscaping products like trees and flowers

Unfortunately it is more complicated. A big problem are scripts. See in the almost 4 years in Opensims I have talked to so many creators and designers in SL telling them about opensim and now about Kitely. Specially in the last 2 weeks I have spent many hours there making backups of my material and met some creators. They saw my link to Kitely on my profile and asked me how I like it here. Just 2 days ago I met a mesh creator who sells realistic and beautiful birds. Even though he makes his own meshes, textures and sounds, he can't script and could not bring his birds over here because he wouldnt receive the scripts modify and that he needed to be able to remake them to export outside of SL. He said his RL time wont allow him to spend more hours trying to find a solution for the new worlds.

Some amazing buildings creators and furniture makers,said they could not come because they use since years well known scripted systems whose scripters will never go out of SL. And that is the biggest problem. I have talked to so many scripter in SL asking them to please bring their system to Opensim but all of them say they dont have the time or the mood to remake their whole systems without knowing if the system is going to work well with the opensim engine. They say its not worth the work.

I believe, as long as we can not win some popular SL scripters to come over or as long as those scripters moving in opensim already do not start making similar systems as those offered in SL, its going to stay difficult to motivate creators to expand to Kitely or any other opensim grid.

(grrr I always forget to check mark the Notify me about a reply)
IDdesigns @ Kitely Marketplace http://www.kitely.com/market?store=2075571

You`d like to meet others inworld? Join the Meet & Chat Corner group and say hello
Dot Matrix

Post by Dot Matrix »

There are already scripting systems and tools available on the Kitely Market, including ones with additional features that allow subsequent exports to other grids.

Which systems in particular are required? It might be that those coders who have already made the jump to Kitely would be able to craft equivalents.
These users thanked the author Dot Matrix for the post:
Ilan Tochner
Carlos Loff

Post by Carlos Loff »

As long as one creator owns the scripts inside SL he can just create a new script on Kitely and copy-paste the code from SL and re-enter the script on the Uploaded object

If one creator gets a script from third party that is Copy+Modify+Transfer he can also copy-paste the code but this second option may bring copyright issues because the scripts although Full Perms were only intended for SL

I was talking about Creators that own all its creations, up to the core, scripts included - Just Open Scrip on SL - Copy Code - Crete New Script on Kitely - Paste & Save
Last edited by Carlos Loff on Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.