Short MP milestones list...add yours if you wish.

Discussion and support for the Kitely Market
Min Tigerpaw

Re: Short MP milestones list...add yours if you wish.

Post by Min Tigerpaw »

Some amazing buildings creators and furniture makers,said they could not come because they use since years well known scripted systems whose scripters will never go out of SL. And that is the biggest problem. I have talked to so many scripter in SL asking them to please bring their system to Opensim but all of them say they dont have the time or the mood to remake their whole systems without knowing if the system is going to work well with the opensim engine. They say its not worth the work.

I believe, as long as we can not win some popular SL scripters to come over or as long as those scripters moving in opensim already do not start making similar systems as those offered in SL, its going to stay difficult to motivate creators to expand to Kitely or any other opensim grid.
It's right, Isis, that some essential script-systems are missing in OpenSim but I feel we are catching up continuously. :)
Anyway - for scriptors from SL it should be relatively low effort to transfer and adapt the scripts - especially after migration to OpenSim 0.8. it's not that much different.

Which are the scripts, Isis, that you think are missing mostly in Kitely? I think we have the skills for most tasks available in Kitely - it's mostly a question of the time it takes for complex scripts and of selecting the right targets to work on.
Meanwhile there are reliable furniture menu-pose systems availabe in Kitely, like the system available from Kajaker or my own (MT Single Pose) used in some of my sales articles and soon available for builders in OpenSim. With the OSSL-script library opensim even has an advantage over SL in some respects :!: e.g. a device like my college-board, writing and drawing with dynamic texture OSSL-commands and saving the content of boards to notecards, could not be done in lsl - we just need to see more of the functions fully enabled and more scriptors making use of them. :!: :!:
Still missing are good multi-posing systems. After my current videoplayer-project this will be my next effort.
These users thanked the author Min Tigerpaw for the post (total 3):
Carlos LoffMarstol NitelyIsis Ophelia
Constance Peregrine

Post by Constance Peregrine »

And the fact is that there are awesome repositories of extremely good scripts, mostly done, of course, by either ex-SLers or those who play in both worlds.

http://phazedemesnes.blogspot.de/

https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/113904954 ... ngen/posts

crap, I forgot the other one while finding these!!! grrrr I am losing my mind help me!! help me!!

Anyways, those are just two, and Fred/Ferd's is quite extensive...his is still very active in SL so he knows his stuff, as does Shin. Both very nice and sharing and helpful.

There is no reason that people can't find and/or modify any scripts they need, to my mind [not being a scripter, lol].

The only exception to the rule is inwz as they have their own thing going and use the IW prefix in some coding which really just makes some people there more locked in but it also means the rest of OpenSim running on current core are all on the same playing field...once done for here it can be used in thousands of grid and regions and education, artistic and hobby grids.

Heck, I even know this, and I am a trained and certified Dummy.......................................................................................................................

Now let me think of that really good other place and git back at ya...................
These users thanked the author Constance Peregrine for the post:
Marstol Nitely
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...
Isis Ophelia

Post by Isis Ophelia »

Not my intention to disencourage us in trying to win more creators to Kitely. But I think its important to put into account the small and big difficulties they may encounter which lets them give up.

Mine for example I can not offer shoes with sculpted feet because I have not had any luck in finding a scriptor to make me the skins tinting hud I need. Of course I could do what some shoes creators have done. That is to sell their shoes with a very basic tinting hud, but I think its not fair to offer such heels for a higher price and let the customers deal with such basic hud. I had found a scripter over in IW, waited 1 year, but he never came up with the hud. Then a friend scripter said he would make it for me, but then he got sick. No luck with it :(

This hud its good for an affordable price but the creator said he wont go out of SL
https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Bo ... al/1607878

Furniture creators in SL use often the Perfect Sitter system from Piero Padar because its the best I know. No pose balls, multi avas can sit on 1 prim. The creator can configure the chair so that it will fit any animation. For example if the sitter picks a laying animation the chair will be flat, but if he picks a sitting anim, then the chair changes from flat chair to a sitting chair.

House makers use often the house control system from A.E. Worx, he offers also fountain and lights control systems. For sure there are newer systems, but am not up to date because I do not buy any products in SL anymore.

The problem I see at this point is that once those SL creators have made all their products using SL systems, if they move them to Kitely or another opensim world and if the system creator is not in that grid, they needed to clean up all their products to then insert and configure from scratch all their items with new systems.
These users thanked the author Isis Ophelia for the post:
Ozwell Wayfarer
IDdesigns @ Kitely Marketplace http://www.kitely.com/market?store=2075571

You`d like to meet others inworld? Join the Meet & Chat Corner group and say hello
Carlos Loff

Post by Carlos Loff »

I know what you mean, its very easy to find third party bases to build complex stuff to sell on SL and Kitely still lacks loads of stuff

Im preparing a kind of SL Migrants Heaven at Virtual London to make it easier for creators to be invited and to test and take roots on Kitely so they ultimately jump to Premium and help us all with their business
Kitely - Meta Lisbon --> grid.kitely.com:8002:Meta Lisbon Startups
Join Me on Meetup --> https://www.meetup.com/metalisbonstartups/
Join Kitely Group --> Meta Lisbon Startups
Constance Peregrine

Isis, you might ask Thishan Dezno, a good scripter afaik. I think he has an account here but for sure in inwz, which is where I met him and helped him to initially set up there.

Come to think of it, I saw him commenting on HGB about some new grid he was involved in, but I can't recall the details.

Plus, he is already doing things outside of SL and is a nice guy.
These users thanked the author Constance Peregrine for the post:
Carlos Loff

Ephemeral wanderer...
Ozwell Wayfarer

Post by Ozwell Wayfarer »

I think Isis hit the nail on the head. Most merchants in SL who make things (myself included) dont script and/or animate too. All my scripting skills, I have learned since coming to Opensim, and I am still not very good with it beyond basic particle effects, animations and such.

For example, the much sought after "love bed". The first person to bring one of those to market in Kitely will no doubt do very well for themselves. I have probably half a dozen bed models just ready and waiting to go, but I also need a full perm set of animations, and a working script engine to run them all. Major roadblock. :| I could just cobble together something, but I dont think that would be fair to my customers, who I know expect a quality product.

This problem penetrates into nearly every complex item conceived in SL. Its very rare that Modelling ,scripting, animating and texturing were all done from scratch by one person.
These users thanked the author Ozwell Wayfarer for the post (total 2):
Carlos LoffIsis Ophelia
Isis Ophelia

Post by Isis Ophelia »

Dot what does this mean?
that allow subsequent exports to other grids
Does it mean that when someone uses these scripts in his products, he is able to allow the export of his products to multiple grids?

How is it with scripts in general? I understand that many scripters I have talked to, do not want to sell modify scripts, because one does not need to have any knowledge to copy/paste the scripts. At least it is easier than to have the energy to extract sculpt maps from exported OARs and the knowledge to remake products with them. Are there scripters in Kitely who sell full perm scripts for creators and who allow the export of the products using them?

Minethere many thanks for the information. I will contact him as soon I can. Though I am afraid he, as many others I have asked before wont give me modiffy scripts. And that I need to be able to move my products from one grid to another. I did find one, but he asked for around 60 US$ per hour. That sums up to a huge amount when making such Shoes HUD. I guess it would take me 10 years of selling shoes to get my costs back lol.

Sometimes its frustrating, when I see such HUD costs between 1500L - 3500L in Second Life and I confess in such moments I start thinking about going back and start working there again. But then after few minutes I throw away such thinking, when I recall how much hard work it was and how little time I had to spend with friends or just chilling and the most important part: I had no RL at all :)
These users thanked the author Isis Ophelia for the post:
Constance Peregrine
IDdesigns @ Kitely Marketplace http://www.kitely.com/market?store=2075571

You`d like to meet others inworld? Join the Meet & Chat Corner group and say hello
Constance Peregrine

Isis, this guy is new, perhaps he can offer some help.

http://www.kitely.com/market?store=4853358

and have you explored here? http://www.free-lsl-scripts.com/cgi/freescripts.plx

Ephemeral wanderer...
Handy Low

Post by Handy Low »

Isis Ophelia wrote:Are there scripters in Kitely who sell full perm scripts for creators and who allow the export of the products using them?
As you point out, many scripters (myself included) will sell scripts without modify perms because it's so easy to copy them. However, you can create things using my scripts and export them even without modify permissions, because the scripts you include in the items can have export permissions.

Shameless plug - my store is here: http://www.kitely.com/market?store=2821621.
Handy Low
Amiryu Hosoi

Post by Amiryu Hosoi »

Carlos Loff wrote: 1 - Fast and easy market launching:
>>> Creators from SL have all the hardest work done on SL - Products - Descriptions - Pictures - Launching on Kitely is just a simple and fast matter of uploads and copy-pastes
Mmm, I dont think this is a fast process, not for me anyway, I rebuild every item to be compatible with both SL and Kitely, I also make new pictures and rebrand every item. Then there is the description that i rewrite for every item.... nothing fast about that;-) But, its worth while.

I do think we could do far better if ther was more advertising about Kitely, aspecially targetted to SL. Still only a few people know about Kitely and are willing to come and try. Same with HG, I only sell to Zandramas while there are plenty of other worlds out there that could be targeted. Promotion and advertising are the keywords I think. And I think Kitely's management should do that job or at least find some people to do it for them.

Ami
These users thanked the author Amiryu Hosoi for the post:
Ozwell Wayfarer
Now delivering to hypergrid http://www.kitely.com/market?store=2570982