Help troubleshooting for customer, please

Discussion and support for the Kitely Market
Marstol Nitely

Help troubleshooting for customer, please

Post by Marstol Nitely »

Someone bought one of my modify, copy, export items from the Kitely Market and sent it to themselves on another grid. At the other grid, they received a missing UUID error. Any idea what the problem might be?
Allen Partridge

Re: Help troubleshooting for customer, please

Post by Allen Partridge »

Thanks for posting Maristol. Here's a ss of the error.

Allen
These users thanked the author Allen Partridge for the post:
Marstol Nitely
Check out Virtually Human Builders Guides and Metaverse Ideas Center in Kitely: [url]hop://osgrid.kitely.com:8002/Virtually%20Human/119/31/23[/url] or visit my YouTube Channel to see what's happening in Virtual Worlds [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/virtuallyhuman/[/youtube]
Marstol Nitely

Post by Marstol Nitely »

Not a problem Allen thanks for letting me know and giving me a chance to correct the problem.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Marstol,

You can find such problems in advance by using the listing problems detection tools in Kitely Market. Make sure to click all the warning and error icons that are displayed in the Variation Items table of your product listings. For details, see: http://www.kitely.com/virtual-world-new ... -products/
Marstol Nitely

Post by Marstol Nitely »

It looks like I uploaded the item the day before the post. They say timing is everything. I'll try to upload it to the market again and see what happens.
Marstol Nitely

Post by Marstol Nitely »

Ilan, I uploaded the files and received no error messages. Any clues in the ss that Allen posted?

Allen, I'm on my way out and won't be back until late, but will look into this again tomorrow. If we can't figure out the problem by then I can either refund your money or you can pm me your name and the grid that you want it in and I will try to send it to you there as a gift. I'm uploading an update soon that is less prim heavy and will make sure you get one of those too (either way). Sorry about the problem and delayed solution. :oops:
Marstol Nitely

Post by Marstol Nitely »

Still need help here. I'd like to resolve this for Allen. Plus up to now, everything I've sold is "export". Can't continue to do that if they are throwing mystery errors.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

I don't know which item you are referring to so I can't really say what is missing from it. I recommend you look at the UUIDs of the textures and other assets that are included in your product, especially ones that may be referenced in any scripts your item includes. You are looking to find the aforementioned UUID.
Marstol Nitely

Post by Marstol Nitely »

It says right on the error message that Allen posted that the item is my Jukebox. I made it from scratch and the one that is throwing error messages doesn't contain any scripts so there shouldn't be any UUID problems.
Allen Partridge

Post by Allen Partridge »

No worries Maristol, I have had my own fair share of mystery issues to trace - it's well worth it I think - we get to be hypergrid vendor pioneers. ;) The avatar in question is poqpoq hiro the grid is http://www.p0qp0q.com:9000 (Note that's p0qp0q with zeros in the grid name, and poqpoq with little letter ohs in the name.)

--Allen
Check out Virtually Human Builders Guides and Metaverse Ideas Center in Kitely: [url]hop://osgrid.kitely.com:8002/Virtually%20Human/119/31/23[/url] or visit my YouTube Channel to see what's happening in Virtual Worlds [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/virtuallyhuman/[/youtube]