Having problems with Kitely Market debug system

Discussion and support for the Kitely Market
Marstol Nitely

Having problems with Kitely Market debug system

Post by Marstol Nitely »

Trying to load a new version of the jukebox that's about half the size of the other.

I spent a good part of the afternoon trying to fix a face material error: "Missing face material: 5b53359e-59dd-d8a2-04c3-9e65134da47a"

After checking every face I could find, I was still coming up with the same error. So I selected the entire jukebox and textured the whole thing with a texture I knew to be good. Guess what? Exact same error. I'm at a loss.

Also, every time I use the "Deliver debug version" link, I get a message on the webpage saying "We couldn't deliver "Jukebox" to your inventory" around the same time I get the following message in my browser "Jukebox (Debug)" has been added to the "# Kitely Market." Not a big deal to me since I am getting it in my Inventory, but I thought I'd pass it on since I'm trying to get help with the face material error.
Kayaker Magic

Re: Having problems with Kitely Market debug system

Post by Kayaker Magic »

I had a similar, but different problem once with an invalid texture, perhaps your missing material is also on a hidden face?
Read the last entry on http://www.kitely.com/forums/viewtopic. ... cone#p8239 and see if this applies to your issue.
Marstol Nitely

Post by Marstol Nitely »

That's what I thought. I changed the texture on the entire object to one texture (as a test). That should have changed the hidden face too, I think? If that had passed the debug, I would have at least had a starting point. :?
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Marstol,

Please read the error message carefully:
Object "Jukebox V.4 test"
Prim #212, "prim141-mesh"
Missing face material: 5b53359e-59dd-d8a2-04c3-9e65134da47a
It tells you that the prim that is missing the asset is called Prim141-mesh, that it is prim number 212 in the coalesced object and that the asset it is missing is a Material texture (i.e. one that is used to define a Material effect for the object, see: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Material_Data) . To get rid of the error you need to remove that material from that specific object then replace it with whatever material texture you want that material effect to use.

I recommend you use the "Deliver debug version" feature in your edit product page to get a version of your product with the relevant object highlighted in red. See: http://www.kitely.com/virtual-world-new ... -products/. Then rezz your object next to that debug version of your product, find and fix the relevant material reference and update your product listing to use the corrected object.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 2):
Selby EvansCarlos Loff
Marstol Nitely

Post by Marstol Nitely »

Thanks Ilan, Don't know how I missed the "mesh" in the message, but I did. I've re-uploaded the original mesh texture and uploaded that to the market without error. Seem to be on the right track again.

Any idea why the mesh lost the texture? I've made a habit of deleting the original meshes I upload after combining parts in order to save inventory space. Should I be keeping the first mesh I upload in inventory?
Marstol Nitely

Post by Marstol Nitely »

Never mind. Just re-read your message. Spent a good part of yesterday chasing my tail for no good reason. When I stripped the offending part down to a white texture with no materials it worked. Had nothing to do with the mesh. Thanks again.