Problem with Groups

Discussion and support for the Kitely Market
Isis Ophelia

Problem with Groups

Post by Isis Ophelia »

I followed the description in the Kitely Blog about how to use Groups.

Using the Manage Groups I created a new Group. Then

Following this:
"1. In the Edit Product page. Click “Change Groups” to open a dialog where you can choose which groups the product belongs to."

I opened the page of the 2 products I wanted to be in that Group and assigned to them the group I had just created, accepted the changes and went to the "Manage Groups" to check it. And they appeared in the right group.

The products in question are idd Laura Set and Ophelia Boots. I wanted that customers who are interested in the Laura Set see the boots that will fit to that clothes (the brown ophelia boots)

But because the Ophelia Boots have some Variations, the black color appeared as related product under the idd Laura Set. So I went back to the Manage Groups page looking for a way to remove the Ophelia Boots from the group. As option I got "delete" and that is what I did. But yikeeees that action removed the Ophelia Boots Listing from the Marketplace :( the whole listing is gone! variations + description. OHMEI

Is there a way to get that product back? I have no idea what I had written in the description :(

And would be helpful to be able to remove a product from a group without deleting it completely from the MP listings.
IDdesigns @ Kitely Marketplace http://www.kitely.com/market?store=2075571

You`d like to meet others inworld? Join the Meet & Chat Corner group and say hello
Ilan Tochner

Re: Problem with Groups

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Isis,

There are two ways to remove products from a group:
1) Go to a product's edit product page, click the change groups link and deselect the group(s) you want the product removed from.
2) Go to the Manage Products page, select the products you want to change, select the Change Groups action then deselect the group(s) you want the product(s) removed from.

Is it possible you selected the Delete action in the Manage Products page instead of the Delete link in the Manage Groups page?

I'll have to check with Oren to see if we can restore a deleted product. Please refrain from creating a new product with that name until we get back to you on that.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Isis,

Please note that in the Manage Groups page, the "Delete" option only deletes the group; not the products. If the group has any products then we refuse to delete the group, and show this error: "Can't delete this group because it's in use. Remove all the products from the group and try again."

Our logs show that you got this message at 5:27:49 PM GMT then went ahead and deleted the product at 5:28:24 PM GMT (which you can only do from the Manage Products page).

We can't undelete the product but I can tell you the info it contained so you'll be able to recreate it anew.

Product Name: (idd) Ophelia Boots

Maturity: General

Category: Boots

Variation Names: Black Snake Grey, Brown & Zebra, Purple, White

Price (of all the variations): $1.30

Product Attributes:
Department = Women
Clothing Style = Casual
Clothing Material = Leather

Variation Attributes: Color

There was no description for any of the variations.
Isis Ophelia

Post by Isis Ophelia »

Thank you Ilan for your response.
Please note that in the Manage Groups page, the "Delete" option only deletes the group; not the products. If the group has any products then we refuse to delete the group, and show this error: "Can't delete this group because it's in use. Remove all the products from the group and try again.
Yes, true Ilan, I got that message.

Being in Manage Store/Manage Groups/Actions
a) I tried to delete the group and got the error message you mention above.

Looking further for a way to remove the boots from the group I went to: Manage Store/Manage Groups
b) I clicked on the name of the group, it opened and it showed me the 2 products contained in the group
c) I selected the Ophelia Boots and selected in Actions: Delete
d) The Ophelia Boots were removed from the group (without a warning telling me that the action will delete the product listing)

Later I found out that the boots had been deleted from the products listings too.

In my opinion it makes no sense that one can delete a product listing using the Manage Groups window. Specially if there is no warning about what will happen if I hit the button Delete.

My suggestion is to add in the Manage Store/Manage Groups/Clicking on the Group Name/making a mark besides a product
would offer in Actions same as it does with Add to Sale and Remove from Sale. Instead besides the 'Change Groups' it would also offer: Add to Group and Remove from Group.

You`d like to meet others inworld? Join the Meet & Chat Corner group and say hello
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Isis,

Clicking the group name in the Manage Groups page (step B) transfered you to the Manage Products page with a filter set for the group. The Manage Groups page only has options to rename the group or (if it's empty) delete it.

Selecting the Delete action in the Manage Products page opens a dialog window titled "Delete Product" containing the message "Are you sure you want to delete the following product?" followed by the name of the product. Are you sure you didn't get that message?
Isis Ophelia

Post by Isis Ophelia »

I did get that message, which I assumed will remove the product from the group, but instead it deleted it from the listings

Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

I understand your confusion, thank you for your feedback.