Marketplace Listing + Bots (like Google Bot)

Discussion and support for the Kitely Market
Isis Ophelia

Marketplace Listing + Bots (like Google Bot)

Post by Isis Ophelia »

When you google one receives tons of SL Marketplace listings, some results (specially if there is a picture showing) make me curious and make me follow the link to see the product in the MP. At times I really get stressed, when using the SL Marketplace Search because the reseults are so weird and don't give me what I need. In that case I use google and I often do get what I was looking for.

And I was wondering if the Kitely Marketplace allows Bots like the Google Bot to track the listings? I made a lil test and wrote in one of my listing different keywords and waited 2 days to google for them but they did not appear in the results. What came up was a lot from the Kitely Forum.

Letting our listings appear in the search machines results, could be a good advertisement for the merchants but also for Kitely. What do you think about it?
These users thanked the author Isis Ophelia for the post (total 2):
Dot MatrixConstance Peregrine
IDdesigns @ Kitely Marketplace http://www.kitely.com/market?store=2075571

You`d like to meet others inworld? Join the Meet & Chat Corner group and say hello
Ilan Tochner

Re: Marketplace Listing + Bots (like Google Bot)

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Isis,

We spent a lot of time adding the relevant search engine metadata to Kitely Market web pages, unfortunately that doesn't cause them to always show up in search results.

To see that some items do show up, do a Google search for "Fetish Leather or Latex with Ballet Boots". The second link you find should be for an item from your store (the link is titled "[idd] Fetish Leather or Latex with Ballet Boots | Kitely"). You'll note that the search result shows not only a snippet from the product's description but also the categories path: "www.kitely.com › Kitely Market › Clothing › Clothing Bundles".
Isis Ophelia

Re: Marketplace Listing + Bots (like Google Bot)

Post by Isis Ophelia »

Thanks Ilan, you are right, I found my listing. This is kewl. Thanks so much to you and Oren for the dedication and hard work you put into Kitely :)
These users thanked the author Isis Ophelia for the post:
Ilan Tochner
IDdesigns @ Kitely Marketplace http://www.kitely.com/market?store=2075571

You`d like to meet others inworld? Join the Meet & Chat Corner group and say hello