Questions regarding gifting

Discussion and support for the Kitely Market
Ozwell Wayfarer

Questions regarding gifting

Post by Ozwell Wayfarer »

I would like to gift some items to someone on another grid and having tried have 2 questions.

1. When using the gift function via the Market, can gifts only be sent to Kitely Avatars? From my trial of the function it seems so.

2. When sending a gift from your own store, do you still have to pay? I would have hoped gifting from my own store would be free of charge :) but a balance is still shown as owing.
Ilan Tochner

Re: Questions regarding gifting

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Ozwell,

You can gift items to people on other grids by selecting the Other Grid option in the shopping cart then entering that person's avatar name in the appropriate field.

Buying items from your own store does indeed cost money. You can, however, change the item to accept KC and pay using your Kitely Credits balance. When you do it that way you'll get 90% of what you paid immediately back into your account (as the selling merchant). In other words, if you pay for your own Kitely Market store item using KC you can deliver it as a gift to other avatars (in Kitely and on other grids) for 10% of the cost of the item.

Alternatively, you can send the item inworld to anyone you want for free.