Permissions showing in market

Discussion and support for the Kitely Market
Carrie Snowpaw
Has thanked: 0

Permissions showing in market

Post by Carrie Snowpaw »

Hi everyone - I have just started uploading some products on to the Kitely Market and I'm running into a problem that I dont seem to be able to fix. Maybe someone here has experienced this or knows how to correct it. I uploaded some outfits and I'm finding that permissions on the attachment parts are not showing in the market. I have checked and rechecked the parts. I have logged off and back on. I have rezzed the clothing and redone the permissions and brought it back to my inventory. Nothing I do seems to fix this problem. Help?
These users thanked the author Carrie Snowpaw for the post:
Constance Peregrine
Constance Peregrine

Re: Permissions showing in market

Post by Constance Peregrine »

Thank you for the dress noted in another thread here.

I see CE on perms for the Amelit Dress.

Content isn't my thing, other than buying lol....so maybe I misunderstand you and others will know more 8-)
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Carrie,

Are you making these changes to the permissions in your inventory or on rezzed objects?

Please note that changing permissions should only be done on rezzed items. This is also true in Second Life, please see: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Debug_Permissions

To change a permission of an item you wish to list in Kitely Market: first rezz it, then change its permissions, and finally take it back into your inventory so it can be found by Kitely Market's Add Items function.

Please note that the Export permission you see in some viewers is not the one used in Kitely Market. The state of that viewer flag is meaningless in Kitely and is not saved. The Kitely Market export controls are managed by a different system that can be configured in the Edit Product page. See: http://www.kitely.com/virtual-world-new ... plemented/

Finally, I sent you several IMs with pointers about your marketplace listings. Have you seen them? (If not then please make sure to enable email notification for offline IMs in your Account Settings page: http://www.kitely.com/settings)
Isis Ophelia

Post by Isis Ophelia »

What Carrie is posting looks like the problem I reported a few days back - that items are not keeping the given permissions. Which I postponed because it happened only with some of my items.

Ilan, I think you oversaw that Carrie said
I have rezzed the clothing and redone the permissions and brought it back to my inventory.
so to advice her to rez the items on the ground, wont help her much :)
IDdesigns @ Kitely Marketplace http://www.kitely.com/market?store=2075571

You`d like to meet others inworld? Join the Meet & Chat Corner group and say hello
Graham Mills

Post by Graham Mills »

Maybe there is a lag effect? Try changing the perms after rezzing but leave it for a few minutes before taking it into inventory?
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

You're right Isis, I did miss that part of her comment.

Do the items you're referring to contain any other objects? If so, I recommend you take out the objects and change their permissions to what you expect them to have before adding them back into the item you wish to modify (toggle it if it's already what you want).

Are they linksets? Try unlinking them to check what permissions the components have, toggle them if they are what you expect them to be and change them if they aren't. Once you're done relink the objects.
Carrie Snowpaw

Post by Carrie Snowpaw »

The items are dress attachments, such as skirts, that are multiple linked parts. I rez them, check perms and change if necessary. I bring them back into my inventory, check and change the perms if necessary. Then when I add to them to the market I see that they perms are wrong or there are no permissions at all. I tried unlinking, checking perms, relinking, checking perm, bringing back into inventory and bringing into the market. Still the perms end up being wrong on the listing and when I test send them the perms are incorrect and not what I set them at. I have checked, corrected, rechecked, recorrected. Nothing is fixing the perms.

At least I'm not the only one with these issues. Isis have you figured out a way to fix it? I am holding back on posting some items on the market because I cannot get the perms to show up correctly.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Carrie,

Any changes you make to items while they are in your inventory shouldn't be considered "saved" until you rexx the item and retake the now updated item back into your inventory.

When you say the permission are wrong. Are you referring to the individual item permissions showing in the Items table in your listing not being what you want? Or are you saying that the permissions you see when you rezz the item are different from the permission you see in your listing (in the Variation Items table) when you take that rezzed item into your inventory and (without making any changes to that item while it's in your inventory) adding that item to your listing?

Please note that the permissions you see at the top of the listing are the calculated permission of the entire product to be delivered and that the permissions of the individual items that are included in that product are listed in Variation Items table.

Please send me a link to a specific product listing (which can be Inactive) and the corresponding path in your inventory to the item(s) you added to that listing that are showing with permissions that are different from what you expect them to have.
Carrie Snowpaw

Post by Carrie Snowpaw »

Hi - sorry for the delay in responding. I im'd you inworld with the specific listings. Here is what is happening. I rez attachment pieces that I want to be copy/mod. I make sure the perms are copy/mod. I take the items back into my inventory. I make sure the permissions are copy/mod in inventory. then I try to add these items to my market listing. They show up in the listing as E only. The perms I am putting are not taking effect. I went ahead and made these listings inactive. I kind of hoped the buyers would receive the items with the correct perms and this listing problem was just a glitch but that appears to not be the case.

I'm going to hold off adding anything new to the market. I have repeatedly tried to fix the perms on these items but the fixes refuse to show up. I was able to fix a few today so thats good. Any help you can provide is much appreciated.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Carrie,

We've already communicated inworld so I'm updating this thread for the other people following it.

The items are being uploaded into the marketplace with the permissions that are stored in the inventory system so the problem isn't with the marketplace itself but rather with why you are seeing items with the permissions you want while that information is not what is stored in the inventory system.

When we tested inworld you saw the permissions you've set but when I viewed the items you rezzed they didn't show up in my viewer with the permissions you were seeing in your viewer, instead I saw them with the permissions I also saw in the inventory system.

My suggestion was to clear both the viewer cache and the viewer inventory cache then to reimport the items, rezz them, change their Next Owner permission inworld, then wait a minute before retaking them into your inventory.