Private Sales and Group Sales

Discussion and support for the Kitely Market
Serene Jewell

Private Sales and Group Sales

Post by Serene Jewell »

Apologies if these are already asked and answered. I'm just now gearing up to add things to the Marketplace.

Private Sales
Let's say I wanted to sell something only to Jane Doe on Inworldz or Craftgrid. Can I set an item to sell only to her? That would be a great way to entice creators to Kitely by giving them a way to easily and securely sell a one-off custom product to a customer. It doesn't have to show up in the Marketplace at all, I could just give her a private URL, maybe?

Group Sales
Let's say I am a modeller and my friend is a whiz with textures. We want to put our joint creation on the market and split the proceeds 50/50. This type of collaboration is pretty common as I understand it. Can I do this on Kitely now or is it possibly in the works for the future?

Thanks!
These users thanked the author Serene Jewell for the post (total 2):
Selby EvansDadiella Nightwing
Ilan Tochner

Re: Private Sales and Group Sales

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Serene,

Automatic profit splitting for particular marketplace items (what you referred to as Group Sales) is on our todo list and will be added to the marketplace eventually.

Private Sales are an interesting idea. We'll need to evaluate the amount of demand for such a feature verses the amount of time it will take to implement to determine if it makes sense to spend the required resources to develop it. If it does then we'll add it to our todo list.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 3):
Keith SelmesSelby EvansDanko Whitfield
Jacon Cortes

Post by Jacon Cortes »

Although I have removed my items for the time being, the idea of private sales is a good one. It would be a way to share items with friends or custom customers with export properties. It may also help to be able to send items thru the market to make them exportable so you can send to yourself and offer the actual items for sale in world with exportable option instead of giving full perm.
These users thanked the author Jacon Cortes for the post (total 2):
Selby EvansDot Matrix
Selby Evans

Post by Selby Evans »

I think private sales might be of value to NMA. We hire people to make video sets and might get more useful perms if they transferred to objects to us via private sales.