Contacting a merchant... how does it really work?

Discussion and support for the Kitely Market
Ainia Da'Fente
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Contacting a merchant... how does it really work?

Post by Ainia Da'Fente »

Greetings,

I am trying to contact a merchant from the Kitely Marketplace and wanted to learn more about exactly how the marketplace IM system works. This particular merchant's main inworld store is on ZanGrid and when the marketplace IM shows "The user will get this message as an IM the next time they enter a world." it's hard to guess exactly what that means.

Does it mean that whenever the merchant logs anywhere into the hypergrid, the IM will be delivered to whatever grid that happens to be? Is it only sent to a Kitely inworld account? Or only to the merchant's ZanGrid inworld account? Is the IM delivery mechanism a customized setup in the merchant's marketplace account?

Basically, being able to communicate promptly and effectively with merchants is very important to me as a consumer. I understand the marketplace's charter as a merchandise hub on the hypergrid makes such communication a potentially complex issue. Thus far, I've had mixed experiences with the Kitely Marketplace IM system in this regard, but am hoping it's just a matter of patience on my part (rather than a kludgy system).

Feedback please!
Rabid researcher of all things D'ni, specializing in (but not limited to) botanical, zoological, and anthropological topics
Ilan Tochner

Re: Contacting a merchant... how does it really work?

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Ainia,

All Kitely merchants have a Kitely account. One of the benefits of having such an account is getting email notifications of IMs that were sent to you while you were not inworld with your Kitely avatar. The IMs sent from the Kitely website also benefit from this system so Kitely merchants should get notified of any IM you send them without having to log in with their Kitely avatar first.
Ainia Da'Fente
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Contacting a merchant... how does it really work?

Post by Ainia Da'Fente »

Thank you Ilan!

Your reply is very helpful. For now, I will wait and hope to hear back. If not, I will post here again for suggestions about a next step.
Rabid researcher of all things D'ni, specializing in (but not limited to) botanical, zoological, and anthropological topics