Refund options?

Discussion and support for the Kitely Market
Tocy Sweet

Refund options?

Post by Tocy Sweet »

I have a customer who purchased the same item twice (the recipient wasn't online at the time of the first purchase and the message disappeared, I understand). Both purchases were in USD. I would like to refund the customer for one of the purchases. Is there a way to do that through Kitely or do I have to figure out a way to do it manually on my own?

Anyone deal with this before?
Ilan Tochner

Re: Refund options?

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Tocy,

There is an option to Resend IM in the Order page of undelivered purchases so the repurchase was not, strictly speaking, necessary.

Your Sales History page includes an option to refund the money for particular items in Kitely Credits but, as stated in our TOS, we don't provide the option to refund purchases via USD (the USD amount will be converted to KC if a refund is made).

If you wish, you can send money directly to the customer from your own PayPal account (without involving Kitely) but doing so creates a liability for you. If that customer disputes the payment within the 45 day PayPal dispute window following the original transaction, PayPal will take that money back from us and we, in turn, will not transfer it to you unless the payment is cleared following our contention of the dispute with PayPal.
Tocy Sweet

Post by Tocy Sweet »

Ok. Thanks Ilan. The customer is aware of the Kitely options (KC refund) and also that the repurchase was not the best option. I'm working it out directly with her (it is someone I trust) and your advice is very much appreciated.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

You are very welcome Tocy :-)