Inventory questions on Kitely Market

Discussion and support for the Kitely Market
Ada Radius

Inventory questions on Kitely Market

Post by Ada Radius »

(I love the layout! Very easy to follow.)
Questions:
If I have an inventory item that will go into quite a few sales packs at the marketplace (such as a pair of workout shorts that will be included in each male avatar pack) do I need to duplicate it in my inventory, or can I keep it once in my inventory and include it in many marketplace listings?

Do I need to keep the location the same in my inventory for Marketplace to find it?

If I change the name of a component of a Marketplace listing, will that break the link between my inventory and the Marketplace listing?
Oren Hurvitz

Re: Inventory questions on Kitely Market

Post by Oren Hurvitz »

When you add an inventory item to a product we copy the item to a different database, and from that point on there's no link between the inventory item and the product. This means that you can rename the item in your inventory, or even delete it, without affecting the product. You can also add the same item to multiple products if you wish.
These users thanked the author Oren Hurvitz for the post:
Ada Radius
Ada Radius

Post by Ada Radius »

So: one version in my inventory, and if I change anything, I need to delete it from the marketplace listing and reupload it.
I think even I can manage that :)
Thank you!
Ada Radius

Post by Ada Radius »

Another set of questions:

I'm uploading hair bases - the tattoo layer that can either stand in for short hair, or goes under prim hair to make a more realistic hairline. There's a category for Hair, which I selected, and a sub-category for Hair textures. Is "Hair Textures" for prim hair texture or tat layer hair texture sales?

Under attributes for hair type my choices are facial, long, pubic and short. So short, for a hairbase. But when I get to body hair next week, I'm going to need "Body Hair" that's not necessarily pubic hair, though mine includes it. Mine is a layer that has arm and leg hair for male avatars. Would you consider changing that attribute from "pubic" to "body hair"?

Under Color, I can't assign a separate color to each of the five color variations I'm uploading. So I put N/A, but that doesn't seem right, as I thought I was able to do so for Eyes, because we were debating "aqua" at the meeting yesterday and in the forum briefly. But now that I'm checking there is no color attribute for Eyes right now. Are you revising that?

TY TY
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Ada,

Hair bases are a type of hair so should be under the "Hair" category. The "Hair Textures" subcategory is intended for textures used when texturing prim and mesh based hair.

Are you selling body hair separately from a skin or is it part of a skin? In other words, is it a tattoo layer someone will apply in addition to a skin layer?

To set a different attribute value for each product variation:

There are two columns for attributes "Product Attributes" and "Variation Attributes". You can press the blue arrow next to the variation name (pointing to the "Variation Attributes" column) to move it from the default "Product Attributes" column to the "Variation Attributes" column. If the attribute is already in the "Variation Attributes" column the arrow will point towards the "Products Attributes" column, thereby enabling you to move that attribute back to the "Product Attributes" column. When an attribute is in the "Variation Attributes" column you'll be able to set a different value for it in each of that product's variations.
Ada Radius

Post by Ada Radius »

The body hair is a tattoo layer to apply to a skin. Now that we can add multiple tat layers in most of the viewers, it's better to make unadorned skins, and provide tat layers for hair bases, beards, body hair, makeups, tattoos, etc.

Ahh OK, thank you! I couldn't figure out how to get what I needed. For us non-programmers, it's not enough to describe how it works, we need to know what to click. I may not get it, but I can follow instructions :)
Ada Radius

Post by Ada Radius »

@Ilan
Sorry to bring this up again, but I didn't really get an answer the last time. For a male body hair (hairy chest, arms, legs, etc.) tat layer, should I put N/A as the attribute? My choices are facial, long, pubic and short, in that order (OK, I'm giggling now, did this list come out of a mentor's meeting I missed?)
The current version of body hair I'm trying to upload comes in two colors: "dark" and "light" as the avatar polys don't allow enough detail for more specific color, or at least I haven't been able to draw it (nor can any other SL skin artist I've looked at) though they can be tinted inworld, which I'll let my customers do, if they want to. So the color variations provided aren't helpful either, and I know you don't want to see N/A listed as much as I probably already have.
:)
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Ada,

All the attributes where discussed in the mentor group meetings at some point (some of them in 4-hour meetings, before we set the 2-hour cutoff rule we've been following for the last couple of months).

We'll get back to you about which attribute value to use for body hair type soon (sorry for the delay).

As for hair color, I think Blond and Black (or Brown, I couldn't tell from the picture you uploaded) would be the most appropriate choices.
Ada Radius

Post by Ada Radius »

OK, thank you. The reason why you can't tell is that the color varies depending on what skin it's on. Blond or auburn or light brown for the one labeled "lighter" and medium brown to blackish for the one labeled "darker", which is why I'm reluctant to assign specific colors. Neither of them show up well in the snapshots, even at the maximum resolution Firefox or Dolphin will handle. And THANK YOU for the brilliant way of handling demos, which saves the listing and allows me to think outside the box on the problem of drawing hair, a booger in any graphical application, on a mesh with limited polys that are going to be stretched and shrunk with sliders. (Demos are handled spam-inducingly badly in the marketplace where I cut my teeth. as we know) :D
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

I think that people will make the desired mental leap from "Blond" to "light" and from "Brown" / "Black" to "dark" when those are the options available to them in the search results. So I think it's preferable you use those colors than just leave it as N/A.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Ada Radius