Create your Kitely Market store now and get BIG benefits

Discussion and support for the Kitely Market
Isis Ophelia

Re: Create your Kitely Market store now and get BIG benefits

Post by Isis Ophelia »

hello Mine, dear, thank you :) I bet you did mention Kitely, its when I am busy with other projects I do not pay much attention knowing I wont be able to achieve a new project :)

thank you Graham for the info and the welcoming, and many thanks to Ilan for the awesome support :)

I have a question about Kitely and permissions. I am not that talented that I could make sculpts, meshes and scripts. So I relay on full perms creators in SL who give me permission to export to opensims. Because of their TOS that say that I am not allowed to give any of their material full perms, I do not open stores in open grids, where private regions can be attached to the main server or where the grid has hyperteleport enabled. Now how is in Kitely? when someone buys some of my products in the marketplace, that item stays in here as it does in a closed commercial grid? And if I sell in the marketplace to anyone to take out with the Kitely HG permissions, does that mean that a customer can take the item to his private grid where he is god and can grab the assets to turn my item to his? If so, I would be breaking the permissions giving to me. It is difficult enough to receive permission to export, so I want to be able to continue assuring them that I care to not go to open grids, like the osgrid.
These users thanked the author Isis Ophelia for the post (total 2):
Ada RadiusConstance Peregrine
IDdesigns @ Kitely Marketplace http://www.kitely.com/market?store=2075571

You`d like to meet others inworld? Join the Meet & Chat Corner group and say hello
Ada Radius

Post by Ada Radius »

What Iris said, for the same reasons, my collection of sculpt maps and the carefully acquired permissions to take them out of SL. When we get to that point (exporting our products) my first question is - how are the sculpt maps and textures exported? Will it be possible for the recipient to snag them out of our builds and avatar layers?
These users thanked the author Ada Radius for the post:
Constance Peregrine
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Isis and Ada,

Items sold via the Kitely Market have a new type of permission you can set, an Export perm. Items that are sold via the Kitely Market must have Export enabled in order to be taken out of Kitely when you backup your world to an OAR file and, in the future, taken via the Hypergird to other grids.

In order to be able to set the Export perm for your items each of the components that are included in that item must:

A) Have you as the creator OR
B) Have Export perm enabled OR
C) (If it didn't originate from the Kitely Market and therefore doesn't have the Export flag) must have both Copy and Transfer perms. See: http://www.kitely.com/virtual-world-new ... rmissions/

This means that you can't give your sold items the Export perm unless the components of that item are allowed to leave Kitely. If the merchant uploads those components to Kitely then they'll be able to set Export to NO in order to restrict it from leaving Kitely while still allowing you to sell items that embed it for use in Kitely. If you upload those components yourself then make sure to follow https://kitely.atlassian.net/wiki/displ ... l+Property and to disable the Export perm for the items you sell that include components which aren't licensed for use outside of Kitely.

The Export perm is configured in the Kitely Market merchant control panel when you edit a product listing. It can be set differently for different variations of the same product (so, for example, you can charge more for a variation that includes the Export perm than for one that doesn't).

Is this clear now?
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Constance Peregrine
Isis Ophelia

Post by Isis Ophelia »

yes, it is clear thank you.
IDdesigns @ Kitely Marketplace http://www.kitely.com/market?store=2075571

You`d like to meet others inworld? Join the Meet & Chat Corner group and say hello
Ada Radius

Post by Ada Radius »

Not completely. I have permissions on sculpt maps to upload them or export them wherever I want to, as long as the subsequent recipient does not have full permissions, or the ability to access the sculpt map texture. So my question is - how are these items exported? Like an xml file, where the textures and sculpt maps are separated from the prims or shape and therefore fully accessible to the recipient, or some other way? If the sculpt maps are exported as a separate component, then I don't have permission to sell items that include it, if the sculpt maps are imbedded in such a way that the recipient can't access them, then I do.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Ada,

In other words, you are only allowed to sell items without Modify perm? (i.e. your buyers won't get Modify perm for the bought item)

Please specify the permissions you'd like your buyers to have.
Constance Peregrine

Post by Constance Peregrine »

Isis...I think I recall you did say your were busy atm, and I never push things....lol...hugssss

Some of what may help to de-cloud the issues surrounding this was discussing here:

http://www.kitely.com/forums/viewtopic. ... xport#p408

However, on second thought, it may make things harder to understand [have fun Ilan]....lol
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...
Ada Radius

Post by Ada Radius »

Most of the sellers specify no modify, or no copy, or no transfer. What they don't want is for anyone who has not paid them for the rights to use a sculpt map, to be able to extract it. They're already preventing a screencapture theft by using an alpha channel to disguise the sculpt map, or I add one if they haven't.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Ada,

If you set items you sell that include such components to not have the Export perm then they won't be exportable form Kitely using OAR files or Hypergrid access (once that is available). They will be automatically filtered out from any such export attempts. Once the Export flag has been added to an item, that was bought from the Kitely Market, all of the bought components it includes also get the Export flag (with the same Yes/No value) as well. This means that when you use the Kitely Market merchant control panel to specify that a particular product variation doesn't have Export perm then Kitely's system will prevent anyone who buys that variation from exporting any of its components using the aforementioned legal means (the Export flag can't prevent copybotting from taking place).
Ada Radius

Post by Ada Radius »

Right, I understood that. What I don't know, is what the perms are in the hands of the recipient (maybe I need a better explanation of OAR files). Will he or she be able to extract textures and sculpt maps from the items received? Will they be full perm at that point?