Putting 3D into the Market?

Discussion and support for the Kitely Market
Dragon Ronin

Putting 3D into the Market?

Post by Dragon Ronin »

Hello,
I am finally figuring out how to set up my Kitely marketplace :D . However I would very much like to be able to demo the item in 3D on the web page, perhaps as embed with the other pictures or in the description, even as a link like https://skfb.ly/JZHD or as an embed
[sketchfab]95e46f5e2582427ba8c8b659978744e9[/sketchfab]
Kings Canyon by Dragon_Ronin on Sketchfab

But I guess that would need to be enabled in the works somewhere.

I have a lot more than just this first experimental design to post but am trying to find the best way to do so.
Ilan Tochner

Re: Putting 3D into the Market?

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Dragon,

To get started with setting up your Kitely Market store, please see this (somewhat outdated) tutorial: https://www.kitely.com/virtual-world-ne ... merchants/

As you correctly observed, Kitely Market doesn't currently support embedding 3D modules into product pages. While we may add that feature in the future, I recommend you start your store now using good static images of your products.
Dragon Ronin

Post by Dragon Ronin »

Hello
I now have a number of items in the market, and have pictures etc but even in the description the links do have trouble working, that one needs to copy and paste it into a browser to go there.The hosting is all on the Sketchfab site, so there is little added weight on Kitely. Is there a reason that it cannot be allowed?
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Dragon,

Kitely Market limits what external links it allows in order to enforce the part of our TOS that doesn't permit using Kitely Market product listing's to drive potential buyers to other websites where the listed products may be acquired outside our services.
Dragon Ronin

Post by Dragon Ronin »

As I understand it, you can give models on Sketchfab for free, but there is no way to sell them. Likewise I see no capability to sell .Raw files in Kitely, though I have inquiries and would very much prefer a less awkward way to do so. If a person approaches me in GCG, or buys from a store there, they may well have seen it in kitely or the SL market or both.

My understanding of the TOS is that things sold there are not limited to a world exclusive that they cannot be sold elsewhere. If I am wrong about that please let me know. I recall that in the GCG discussion area connecting the online Market to the inworld stores was one of the reasons for having a GCG Marketplace, and you implied that Kitely could supply that advantage as well as connect to all the other grids. Other than wishing to allow a good 3D look to a customer other than a maimed copy as a demo (the scripting for which I am unsure/unable to do) I have not sought to even give out those notices of the inworld stores, much less to a different site like Turbosquid that is not OSgrid friendly.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Dragon,

We do not make any demand for exclusivity, you are completely free to sell or give away your content to anyone and in any venue that you wish without our involvment. The limitation we do place is on using Kitely Market to directly drive people to other places where that content can be obtained without the use of Kitely's services (i.e. inside other grids and/or on other websites).

IIRC, links to Flickr and YouTube should work in Kitely Market.
Shandon Loring

Post by Shandon Loring »

Seanchai has .raw terra files for "purchase" at our Seanchai Mall inworld. While we choose to have everything at the Seanchai Mall set to free, it could be adapted cleverly to a pay model I would think. If it did not violate TOS.
We are also offering free space at the Seanchai Mall for Creators and Sellers to place demos and freebies, perhaps this could help with your need for 3D demos?