Question about maturity ratings

Discussion and support for the Kitely Market
Giz Ihnen

Question about maturity ratings

Post by Giz Ihnen »

Just a quick question, probably a dumb one and the answer is probably in front of my face, but I'm going to ask anyway...

Under mature rating it states "No nudity and no illegal substances are allowed." Totally Clear. I get it. No streaking, no hookas, etc....

BUT what if you are wearing an outfit that has a marijuana leaf motif? Would that be required to have an adult rating? I really have no clue...

Thanks for your help guys :)
Ilan Tochner

Re: Question about maturity ratings

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Giz,

Please see: https://kitely.atlassian.net/wiki/displ ... Guidelines
There are three types of Maturity Ratings:
  • General - family-safe content and behaviors that are appropriate for anyone, including children and people in the workplace. These content and behaviors should be safe to view without upsetting anyone from a Western culture. They include no content or behaviors that would get a teacher in trouble if they were shown in a class of young children. No nudity of any kind is allowed, no violence, no controlled substances, and no content that is even mildly sexual.
  • Moderate - most non-adult activities and content belong here. Anyone that is at least 13 years old may view this content, so assume that there are unsupervised teens around and act appropriately. No nudity and no illegal substances are allowed. May contain mild PG-13 type sexual activity (kissing, hugging), mild language, and mild violence.
  • Adult - anything goes, as long as it complies with our Terms of Service. You must be at least 18 years old to view this content and participate in this type of behavior. This content is not safe for work and may be objectionable to you and others.
Marijuana is a controlled substance in many countries, including many states in the United States, so it may not be labeled as General or Moderate. If/when that changes it will be acceptable to label it as Moderate (which, again, is not the case today).
Giz Ihnen

Re: Question about maturity ratings

Post by Giz Ihnen »

Wow that was quick! Thank you for the clarity on that. As I thought, just wanted to make sure.

Thanks again for the quick reply Ilan! :)
These users thanked the author Giz Ihnen for the post:
Ilan Tochner