Possible to upload all products at once?

Discussion and support for the Kitely Market
Isis Ophelia

Possible to upload all products at once?

Post by Isis Ophelia »

I get so often kicked out of the grid while busy editing a product in the Market as I dont see the warning asking me if I am still there.

Is it possible to upload let's say 5 products at once. Then close the viewer and concentrate to edit those products in the web interface? I tried and assumed they would be there under Products, or that I only need to click on the arrows at the buttom of the editing page to go to the next products, but the arrows were greyed out.

Question. I have i.e. tundra boots are unisex, but from my experience with customers I now don't declare them as Unisex with the same size for men and women in one box, but instead I make 2 boxes. Resize to fit each gender and offer them separated for women and for men. Now in the market, am I allowed to publish them as 2 separated products, 1. under women 2. under men?
IDdesigns @ Kitely Marketplace http://www.kitely.com/market?store=2075571

You`d like to meet others inworld? Join the Meet & Chat Corner group and say hello
Ilan Tochner

Re: Possible to upload all products at once?

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Isis,

Once the items are in your inventory you don't need to be inworld in order to create a new Kitely Market listing - the marketplace knows how to access your inworld inventory directly. So, you can upload as many items as you want then switch to creating the marketplace listings (or you can do both at the same time if you prefer).

Variations benefit from having their sale numbers, ratings and reviews combined for the purpose of marketplace ratings so you'll want to combine variations of the same product into the same product listing instead of listing them in separate products.

The best option is therefor to create a single product for the boots that has two variations one called "Men" for the men's boots and one called "Women" for the women's boots (make sure to press the arrow to move the Department attribute to the Variation Attributes column which will enable you to set the Department attribute for each of those variations separately). If the boots also come in multiple colors then simply create more variations, e.g. "Men Blue", "Women White", etc. (you can do this as long as the product is basically the same, if the boots are inherently different then they should be in different product listings).
Isis Ophelia

Post by Isis Ophelia »

Thank you Ilan. I have partially problems understanding Variations and Attributes. For example I have boots called "[IDD] Men Tundra Boots Black" and the other is called "[IDD] Women Tundra Boots Black"
On the listing page above right side, the name appears as I have named the folders. To use Variations does it mean, on top right side I write only "[IDD] Tundra Boots" because I will have i.e. Tundra Boots Black, Tundra Boots Red and they will be for men and for women? And does it matter that the folder where the boots are is called different as the name I type on that field?

Then another field making me troubles: Right under the picture it says Variations. What does come there please? At the moment I left this field empty and at the right side it says "Variation Name" default.

Now following this example. In Products Attributes, I have right now Men. So I should click on the + to get more fields to enter Women? And in Color is now Black, I hit the + to enter other colors?

Will men who are looking for boots, be able to find these boots if they are not called Men Boots?

Last question. The 20 products for the "Early Bird" promotion, must they be 20 unique products or counts each variation as 1 product?
IDdesigns @ Kitely Marketplace http://www.kitely.com/market?store=2075571

You`d like to meet others inworld? Join the Meet & Chat Corner group and say hello
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Isis,

You would call the product "[IDD] Tundra Boots" and have variations called "Men Black", "Women Red", etc. When you do this the user will automatically see them (in the marketplace and as the folder name they will be delivered to) as "[IDD] Tundra Boots (Men Black)" and "[IDD] Tundra Boots (Women Red)".

The Variations section is where you define the product variation. Each product has one variation by default (called "Default" unless you rename it - if you don't rename it then it won't be appended to the product name).

To create a new variation press the Add button under the Variations list. You can set attributes so they apply to all the variations in the product (seen under the "Product Attributes" column) or you can move them to the "Variation Attributes" column by pressing the arrow next to the variation name and set different values for each variation. In your example you'll press the arrow icons next to the Department and the Color attributes to make the Variation Attributes and then select the attribute values you want for the currently selected variation. Then switch to another variation by selecting it in the Variations list and set its attribute values.

As mentioned previously, people will see the product name with the variation name appended in parentheses.

The 20 free products are for unique products, you can add as many variations you want to them for free as well (until the marketplace opens). Once you have 20 items fully configured you'll get a link you'll be able to press to request unlimited listing until the marketplace opens. Please make sure all products and variations comply with our guidelines before you make that request (as this requires us to manually review your listings).