The wish list function is very clumsy

Discussion and support for the Kitely Market
Serendipity Seraph

The wish list function is very clumsy

Post by Serendipity Seraph »

First of all why should I only be able to put 10 items is my shopping cart? Avatars go on longer shopping sprees than this! :D

So I put the overflow in a private wish list as I wasn't looking for someone else to buy it for me. Today I wanted to simply buy everything in the wish list or just like maybe check a box beside each item I wanted to buy now and hit some BUY button or some Add to Cart button.

But that is not how it was setup. Instead I one by one have to buy. Hitting a buy on the wish list page takes me to a page to buy it right now or continue shopping (put it in my cart). So I hit the contitue shopping which takes me to the main shopping page rather than the wish list. Normally that would make sense but not in this desired flow. So I back space 2 or more times to get back to it again.

Only what do I find? The item I just hit buy on is still in the wish list. So I have to remember which ones I bought (or put in cart) as their is no indicator of such change of state on the page. Which, me being me, sometimes means I go look at the shopping cart to be sure which to hit the remove button for.

This is a lot of fooling about for even the 6 items from my wish list I want to buy.

Can this please be fixed soon?

Personally I would prefer no limit on items in shopping cart AND a wish list with checkbox and status indicators (cart icon) if currently in card.

Hell, I might even volunteer to help make it so if it is a question of programmer time and priority.
Ilan Tochner

Re: The wish list function is very clumsy

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Serendipity,

First, thank you for your feedback. I agree we should improve the wishlist behavior to better support your usage scenario and I've added this to our (very long) todo list.

IIRC, when we set a limit on the maximum number of items in the shopping cart it was to reduce the likelihood of failed deliveries to third-party grids due to timeouts. Asset transfers can sometimes be hundreds of megabytes in size even when delivering just 10 items. We've improved the delivery system since then so this number could theoretically be increased but we'd need to test that thoroughly and that would require preempting the other things we're currently working on.

Please note that when you buy items from your wish list they are automatically removed from the wish list. They aren't, however, automatically removed when you just add them to your shopping cart.
Ilan Tochner

Re: The wish list function is very clumsy

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Serendipity,

We’ve updated our system today with several user-requested improvements. Among other things, we’ve made it easier to use the wish lists in Kitely Market.

For details, see: https://www.kitely.com/virtual-world-ne ... ly-market/