Product won't list due to "missing texture"

Discussion and support for the Kitely Market
Ilan Tochner

Re: Product won't list due to "missing texture"

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Mike,

We fixed it but we haven't rolled out the fix yet,it will be included in our next site update.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Mike Lorrey
Mike Lorrey

Post by Mike Lorrey »

Ok theres evidently another problem with this anal retentive system. It claims that there is a missing particle system texture in prim 17 of the Fairy Forest Multichair I'm trying to put on sale, but there is no such particle system in prim 17, and never has been, and I even went so far as to put a script containing llParticleSystem([]); in the state_entry event to wipe out any possible particle settings that might exist in this prim. There is NO particle system running or extant in this prim whatsoever, but your market keeps saying that "00801380-c330-f027-410c-4603ae2769af" is missing from the link 17 particle system.
Oh and you haven't updated the system yet to allow for the default blank texture either, I notice.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Mike,

The last time we rolled out a site update was on December 28. When we next update our site, this fix will be included in it.

As for the missing asset UUID. Our system looks at the information contained in objects. If it sees a UUID it checks if that asset UUID is included in the product. Adding a llParticleSystem([]); to the script would therefore have no effect on the system.

If the system displays that UUID then it is referenced by the object but that asset isn't included in the object. I suggest you try removing that prim (on a rezzed copy) then relisting without it to see if the error is removed. If it is then you'll want to go over every place that may reference the UUID in that prim and make sure that it doesn't (e.g. inside contained objects, notecards, prim faces, etc.).
Mike Lorrey

Post by Mike Lorrey »

Ilan Tochner wrote:Hi Mike,

The last time we rolled out a site update was on December 28. When we next update our site, this fix will be included in it.

As for the missing asset UUID. Our system looks at the information contained in objects. If it sees a UUID it checks if that asset UUID is included in the product. Adding a llParticleSystem([]); to the script would therefore have no effect on the system.

If the system displays that UUID then it is referenced by the object but that asset isn't included in the object. I suggest you try removing that prim (on a rezzed copy) then relisting without it to see if the error is removed. If it is then you'll want to go over every place that may reference the UUID in that prim and make sure that it doesn't (e.g. inside contained objects, notecards, prim faces, etc.).
a) your system says the texture UUID is in a particle system in link 17
b) link 17 currently has a particle script that references one UUID: "c330f027-410c-4603-ae27-69af655ace53". It does not reference any other UUIDs. This is a texture I uploaded to kitely myself and is permed.
c) there is one texture on that prim.
d) particle systems are prim parameters, so a particle system that once might have been in a prim can set a UUID texture to be that prims particle texture, which is why I did the llParticleSystem([]); which zeros out all particle system settings in the prim parameters (or is supposed to).
e) since there is nothing anywhere in link 17 referencing that texture, not in a script, not in a particle system, I don't see how to fix this, unless you code your system to tell us what the texture name is of a given UUID, cause our inventories do not list things by UUID.
Mike Lorrey

Post by Mike Lorrey »

Besides all this, you are now contradicting what you said about UUIDs referenced by particle systems sold on the marketplace. You said that your system downloads those files automatically to other grids when they are sold to those people, that i didn't need to include a particle texture in the object.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Have you tried rezzing the item, running that script that is supposed to clear the particle system in prim 17 then retaking it into your inventory and adding it to the marketplace?

BTW, please see the text of the actual error message:

Code: Select all

Object "Fairy Forest Multi-Chair v1.0"
   Prim #17, "Primitive"
      Inventory item "Fairy Forest Multi-Chair v1.0"
          Missing particle system texture: 00801380-c330-f027-410c-4603ae2769af
It tells you the name of the prim (which in this case is "Primitive"). You can also use the "Deliver debug version" feature to get a version of the item with the prim names automatically changed to enable you to find them more easily. See: https://www.kitely.com/virtual-world-ne ... -products/
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Our system sends whatever is included in the product listing and that is why it warns you when you're trying to list something that references something the product listing doesn't include. The only asset UUIDs it ignores are the predefined values for OpenSim/Second Life constants (which should already exist in all the target grids).
Mike Lorrey

Post by Mike Lorrey »

Ilan Tochner wrote:Our system sends whatever is included in the product listing and that is why it warns you when you're trying to list something that references something the product listing doesn't include. The only asset UUIDs it ignores are the predefined values for OpenSim/Second Life constants (which should already exist in all the target grids).
I already know which prim is prim 17, and I did get the debug send and all it did was make prim 17, which I already knew which it was, red. It didn't tell me anything new whatsoever that I didn't already know. NONE of the textures on that prim have that UUID, not the diffuse, nor the normals, nor the speculars, neither does the particle script in that prim use that UUID. Your system is borked.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Mike, it got the UUID from that prim. It has no code path that invents UUIDs.

Have you tried removing the prim and seeing whether that removes the error? (remember all changes must be made on the rezzed copy and not in the copy in your inventory)

Please clear your viewer cache and viewer inventory cache, then run llParticleSystem([]); on the prim, clear the viewer caches again, then take the item back into your inventory. Only then, try adding the newly taken item to the marketplace.
Mike Lorrey

Post by Mike Lorrey »

Ilan Tochner wrote:Mike, it got the UUID from that prim. It has no code path that invents UUIDs.

Have you tried removing the prim and seeing whether that removes the error? (remember all changes must be made on the rezzed copy and not in the copy in your inventory)

Please clear your viewer cache and viewer inventory cache, then run llParticleSystem([]); on the prim, clear the viewer caches again, then take the item back into your inventory. Only then, try adding the newly taken item to the marketplace.
I made a new prim and applied that UUID to it, to find its a blank texture. I specifically made my own blank texture titled "intlibs blank" that is in my inventory, to use when I need to use a blank texture to avoid this bug in the market code. When I check the two instances of blank texture on this prim on the speculars, they are all using the "intlibs blank" texture. I am not sure what clearing my viewer cache has to do with the marketplace code.