Product won't list due to "missing texture"

Discussion and support for the Kitely Market
Mike Lorrey

Product won't list due to "missing texture"

Post by Mike Lorrey »

I am trying to list my snowgun on the marketplace, but the listing page keeps telling me that a texture is missing from parts and wont' list it otherwise. There is no such missing texture, everything is textured as it should be. Why can I not override these warnings?
Attachments
kitely-marketplace-error.jpg
Ilan Tochner

Re: Product won't list due to "missing texture"

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Mike,

It's possible that your viewer cache holds a copy of the asset that is missing so that you see it rendered properly while people who don't have that asset cached won't be able to. It's also possible that your world holds a copy of said asset so that when your viewer visits it it get that asset from another object even though the item in question doesn't contain it.

I suggest you clear both your viewer cache and viewer inventory cache then log in directly into the Kitely Merchants Sandbox, which isn't likely to hold a copy of said missing asset, and use the Deliver debug version option to view a version of the product with the missing assets highlighted in red. Once you identify the relevant parts of your item, add the missing asset to them and take that modified copy of your item into your inventory so that you'll have a completed item to upload into Kitely Market.

For details how this works, please see: https://www.kitely.com/virtual-world-ne ... -products/
Mike Lorrey

Post by Mike Lorrey »

The UUID listed only shows a white/grey blankness when I use a script to apply it to a prim. It doesn't exist in my inventory. I did notice that the "steel" texture in the default library was also listing as not present, but the UUID the market presented is significantly different from the default library texture by that name. Once I changed that face of the gun stand that warning went away. None of the textures remaining on the entire assembly use the UUID specified.
Mike Lorrey

Post by Mike Lorrey »

I have found that your collada backup process does not include default library textures, and treats them as "foreign", I have to literally copy those textures to a normal folder in my inventory, then save them to my HDD, then reupload them to my inventory so they show as "created by me" in order to be able to back them up with the linkset collada file.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

"Our" Collada backup process? Do you mean Firestorm's? The only exportable backup we provide is OAR files and those contain the mesh data as it is stored in OpenSim (which AFAIK is not in the Collada format).
Mike Lorrey

Post by Mike Lorrey »

Anyways, there is no such texture in my inventory, none of the textures that were imported from blender as materials with each mesh used that UUID, none of the textures being used on the meshes presently use that UUID, so there's something hinky going on.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

According to http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Debug_Settings the UUID you're seeing is the UUID that is used to indicate the texture is the "DefaultBlankNormalTexture". Which means that the mesh upload process didn't specify the required material textures for the indicated mesh faces. The error the marketplace gave you until you specified those material textures was therefore justified.
Mike Lorrey

Post by Mike Lorrey »

I have cleared my cache like requested, I am still getting this error. Please fix this so we don't get stopped by the absence of unneeded, unwanted, and unused textures?
Mike Lorrey

Post by Mike Lorrey »

Ilan Tochner wrote:According to http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Debug_Settings the UUID you're seeing is the UUID that is used to indicate the texture is the "DefaultBlankNormalTexture". Which means that the mesh upload process didn't specify the required material textures for the indicated mesh faces. The error the marketplace gave you until you specified those material textures was therefore justified.
No its NOT justified, because I did not place the item on the marketplace until AFTER every face has been textured, so the only textures the marketplace should care about are textures that have since been applied to this object. Your process is looking for textures in nonexistent places. Actually, as I'm looking deeper into it, the "default blank normal texture" is the default texture that the kitely default library uses as a blank texture when you press "blank" on the prim texture edit dialog, so it should totally recognize that texture. Why doesn't it?
Last edited by Mike Lorrey on Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

It is looking for what is stored in your inventory. Did you make sure to apply the textures on the rezzed copy of the mesh and only then take it into your inventory?

(Please note that changes made to items while they are inside your inventory are only applied after they are actually rezzed and that can result in unexpected behaviors, so you should only ever modify the rezzed copies of items)