Offline Messages

Discussion and support for the Kitely Market
Koshari Mahana

Offline Messages

Post by Koshari Mahana »

Hi, I have a question...

I get some offline messages, they are probably sent through Kitely Market, but I don't know how to reply to them. In the emails I receive it says, "To view this IM in-world and send a reply, visit Kitely and enter any world" but if I've already logged in, before I knew I had a message, I have no idea how to find it or to reply. Does anyone know how I can find the messages?

Thanks!
Koshari
VISIT FOUR WINDS ON THE MARKET
VISIT FOUR WINDS INWORLD: hop://grid.kitely.com:8002/Coopersville/909/907/21
Ilan Tochner

Re: Offline Messages

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Koshari,

To see those messages, log into the Kitely grid, search for the person who sent you the IM (from the People tab in the Firestorm Search window which you open by pressing CTRL-F on your keyboard) then choose the Send Message option to open a chat window with that person. That chat window should include the messages the person sent you while you were offline.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Koshari Mahana
Koshari Mahana

Post by Koshari Mahana »

Thanks Ilan, I couldn't find the name of the person (from the message) on the grid, I'm not sure why, maybe they don't have an active avatar on the Kitely grid or maybe they go by another name. I don't know if there is a place on my pc files that saves chat conversation or not. I am pretty sure, by the nature of the message, that they contacted me through Kitely Market.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

The name of the avatar should be in the offline message email you received. Please try to search for only part of the name and select the full name from the search results (there are names that include characters that may resemble other characters in a different language).
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Koshari Mahana
Constance Peregrine

Post by Constance Peregrine »

To find conversations on your computer you must first have "show hidden files, folders and drives" checked in folder options.

Then navigate from your main drive (usually C) to the users folder>(name of computer)>appdata (usually a hidden folder)>roaming>(name of the viewer used)>(name of the avatar/grid)>then you should see a lot of text files with avatar names.

for windows anyway

regards
These users thanked the author Constance Peregrine for the post (total 2):
Ilan TochnerKoshari Mahana
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...
Koshari Mahana

Post by Koshari Mahana »

Hi Constance, I was able to find the conversation that way. I forgot about the hidden folders, thanks so much for that.

Ilan, I find his name when I login to Kitely but the conversation is not there (I haven't cleared cache at all). I see the conversation on my pc folders (as Constance directed).

Here is where it gets weird. I wrote to him in world (Kitely) yesterday because I found his name in search, but he didn't appear to be an active avatar, no picture or anything like that. But I IM'd him anyway. Today when I looked in my pc files I see that he replied but his reply didn't come to my email, nor does it show up in the chat box in world (Kitely). So weird. I am set up to receive emails of offline messages but not all of them come through.

Anyway, I'll go ahead and reply to him again (via inworld chat) going off what I was able to find on my pc. I am worried that I"m missing messages that I get from the Kitely Market, is there a way to make sure that I get them and to be able to reply on the website without needing to fully login to the Kitley world?

Thanks! :)
These users thanked the author Koshari Mahana for the post:
Constance Peregrine
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Assuming your IM inbox isn't full they should all be there.

As for offline IM email notifications, please make sure to check if some of them were moved to your spam folder. If they were then mark them as non-spam so your email service provider will start white-listing these emails.
Koshari Mahana

Post by Koshari Mahana »

Ilan, That must have something to do with it. How do I clear my IM inbox? I just can't remember, does it clear as soon as I log in?

Also, when someone messages me from the Kitely Market, does it always go to Kitely inworld? There is no way to read them online at the Kitely website?

Thanks for helping me understand this, I appreciate it :)
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

YVW Koshari, :-)

Your IM inbox can contain up to 50 IMs. Whenever you log in those IMs are automatically displayed in your viewer and the IM inbox is emptied to make room for additional IMs. There is currently no way to view the IMs in your inbox from our website. It is therefore a good idea to log in once in a while to ensure that your inbox doesn't become full.
Koshari Mahana

Post by Koshari Mahana »

Thanks Ilan,

I think my problem is that when I login I don't check for IM's then I log out so when I login again they are gone, I"m going to have to pay more attention. :)