Forgetting something

Discussion and support for the Kitely Market
Dragon Ronin

Forgetting something

Post by Dragon Ronin »

Situation ; You have 100 products of a type etc. one of those products is left as moderate, or one of those products is left with export turned off. Which one of the hundred is it?

You can see that all one hundred are either general or moderate, and you can see that 99 of them are general but not moderate, but unless you make a hand list of all 99 or some such thing you can't tell which one is set at Moderate! The same is true of export. All that are anything 100, all that are export 99, but which oe is not set to export??????

This can be very frustrating. :cry:
Ilan Tochner

Re: Forgetting something

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Dragon,

I agree, that does sound like a very frustrating scenario. What would you have liked to be able to do in this situation?
Dragon Ronin

Post by Dragon Ronin »

If you have check boxes instead of radio buttons and moderate only is picked it would show only those, that included moderate and not general and moderate. That way if you wanted both you could pick both, if you did not pick any, then it would ignore that field as you cannot have nothing selected in the listing.

The export search would need a extra button to search for all that export was turned off and one if turned on
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Thank you for the suggestion Dragon but it seems like this solution would complicate the user interface and may cause more usability problems than it would solve.

Our main design goal for the user interface is to optimize for the most often used features and your suggestion, while it would enable addressing your usage scenario better, would also force people to need to spend more time on filter controls when doing much more common searches. It would also cause frustration, for example "I wanted to view only General items so I deselected Moderate but before I could select General it showed me search results that included Adult as well".