Trying to Add my PayPal Account

Discussion and support for the Kitely Market
SilverMoon Unicorn
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Trying to Add my PayPal Account

Post by SilverMoon Unicorn »

I've tried adding my PayPal account to my store listing, but I keep getting an error that my account is not verified. According to PayPal is it verified. I used the correct email, first and last name, but I still get the error. What could be causing this?
Ilan Tochner

Re: Trying to Add my PayPal Account

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Have you followed the PayPal verification process?
How to get verified:

Click GetVerified on your Account Overview.
Select the verification method you want to use.
Enter your information, then click Continue.
Click Confirm, then click Submit.
SilverMoon Unicorn

Yes, that is what I've done. Also I've had the PayPal account for more than a year...
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Please try doing this again now with the aforementioned PayPal account.
SilverMoon Unicorn

Okay, so I went to my PayPal account again and checked the account overview. There is nothing in my account overview to verify. Sadly, this is the same account which Smashwords uses to pay and it works without any trouble. But your marketplace claims that my account has not been verified. I do know that if my account hasn't been verified that I would not be able to use it for anything at all. My account has been active for the past year and I have not had any trouble with it before. I must therefore conclude that there is nothing more for me to even try. I can't fix it on my end. So there is no point in putting anything up for sale now. Thank you for your time.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi SilverMoon,

You can use an unverified PayPal account for many things, including for paying Kitely for any of our services. The Verified status is reserved for PayPal accounts which have undergone additional checks to determine that the person or business connected to the account has used at least some real world information during the PayPal registration process. We just manually queried PayPal about your account's status and it notified us that your account hasn't been verified yet.

To get your account Verified go to this link https://www.paypal.com/myaccount/home and login into your account. You should see instructions for how to use your Credit Card and/or bank account to verify your PayPal account.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Chris Namaste
Stinging Locust

Post by Stinging Locust »

I have tried all your instructions and even went on Google to find this but every link I came across on Paypal goes to a blank page. Is verifying your account even a thing anymore or is this depreciated? My Paypal account is very old and has bank and debit card info.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Stringing,

Verified PayPal accounts still exist and you can follow these instructions to verify your account: https://www.paypal.com/au/smarthelp/art ... an-faq1219