Split payments

Discussion and support for the Kitely Market
Dundridge Dreadlow

Split payments

Post by Dundridge Dreadlow »

Hi, is it possible to split payments for sales with other users, for example on joint projects where partners get a percentage of the sales ?
..and if not, will it be ?

..this one is fairly important :)
These users thanked the author Dundridge Dreadlow for the post:
Sierra Jakob
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
PS. Kitely is awesome.
Ilan Tochner

Re: Split payments

Post by Ilan Tochner »

The PayPal API we'll be using allows depositing payments into up to 5 different PayPal accounts per transaction. Kitely is one such account so that enables us to include items from up to 4 different merchants per shopping cart checkout. This means that theoretically we could support payment splitting between merchants. However, given that PayPal will charge each merchant account it deposits money into separately, merchants would have to be prepared to forfeit a big chunk of their sales revenue as PayPal fees in order to split the revenue from low cost items.

This feature would make a lot more financial sense for KC-based transactions where the only fees that apply are the Kitely sales commission (which is a percentage and, unlike PayPal transaction fees, has no-fixed cost component).

In any case, payment splitting won't be implemented initially.
Dundridge Dreadlow

Re: Split payments

Post by Dundridge Dreadlow »

Thanks - I think KC splits are the way to go, and paypal maybe later, or only on bigger ticket items.

A lot of the work/projects I do are shared - I trust the person I usually work with so manual splits are viable, but obviously I'd appreciate if splits were available as soon as possible :)
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
PS. Kitely is awesome.