Fake export perms

Discussion and support for the Kitely Market
Pumpkin Unplugged
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Fake export perms

Post by Pumpkin Unplugged »

If anyone sees any products on the market place marked as export, don't believe it, I just paid $5.00 for a supposedly exportable product, but when I checked the properties, none of it is exportable, the product is advertised at Copy, Mod, Export, no xfer, but when I received the item I checked the details and it's no copy, no mod, no xfer and no export,,, to me that's a rip off sorry, people but if you're going to advertise an item then at least advertise properly.
Ilan Tochner

Re: Fake export perms

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Pumpkin,

Kitely doesn't use the Export permission you see in your viewer, it uses a different system, so checking the Export permission in the viewer won't really tell you if an item is exportable or not.

Please see: https://www.kitely.com/virtual-world-ne ... plemented/

The permissions you see in Kitely Market are calculated by our system and accurately reflect the permissions the items are sold with.

In order for a product to be listed as Copy all its items need to have the Copy permission. The same goes for Transfer and having all the items have Transfer permission; and for Export and having all the items be exportable. You'll note, however, that the Modify permissions which the product lists may not be the exact permission for all the items contained in that product listing. For example, a product may be listed as having the Modify permission even if only some of the items in includes are modifiable. To determine the exact permissions of each of the items included in a product listing look at the Items table section in the product listing.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 2):
Robert StanleyChris Namaste
Robert Stanley

Post by Robert Stanley »

Just to put in my experience, but what Ilan says is true. I only buy exportable objects because I like to explore the hypergrid. They don't come up as exportable in the viewer, but work just fine when you hyperjump. :)

I hope my experience helps.
These users thanked the author Robert Stanley for the post (total 4):
Ilan TochnerSue CaxtonMichael TimelessChris Namaste
Chris Namaste

Post by Chris Namaste »

pumpkin,i wonder if u did the right thing : u bought someth that 'showed' export rite?
so, u wanted to export it - u need to do that WHEN u buy the item
in the purchase section - not buying for your avi in kitely - getting it in kitely world - then to send it to somewhere else :
in the section where we buy our items we can choose 'other avatar' and fill all in there, easy & perfect workin (pple buy for so many grids)

it cannot be that it shows export & it does not export : maybe ucan send the transaction & all u did to ilan? (just a thought)
just trying to help cos saying ripp off when it does not work for u is not apropriate

if u read the link ilan send - all is clear in there for info
i wish there were as much good reaction for all that goes so good & smooth in kitely,
all the care many creators & artists, as myself, put intheir products
then reading 'only' negative stuff when someth seems not right
hope u will read ilan his info good, and y trust can really be in kitely market, all is followd up like no other
chris
These users thanked the author Chris Namaste for the post:
Robert Stanley
Chris CreationZ url kitely market : https://www.kitely.com/market?store=914 ... &sort=date
Because ultimately we are not the avatars we create. We are not the pictures on the film stock. We are the light that shines through.Jim Carrey
Brayla Sana

Post by Brayla Sana »

The "export" flag in the properties inworld does not work - it hasn't since 2010.

The Kitely Market Export property is independent of this flag. Kitely Export means your wearable items you purchase in the Kitely Market will hypergrid with you. It is because Kitely Market items are housed in Kitely's servers.
It also means that items purchased with Kitely Export can be rezzed on other grids. This is not to be confused with Transfer. You still need Transfer permission in order to give your item to another avatar, even an "alt."
These users thanked the author Brayla Sana for the post:
Robert Stanley
Dadiella's for Fashion and Brayla Sana Gallery for Building!