Wishes for improvement Kitely Market

Discussion and support for the Kitely Market
elin egoyan

Wishes for improvement Kitely Market

Post by elin egoyan »

While loading my products up in Kitely Market I encountered the problem that I could not define a good category for some of my things. I have quite a bunch of outdoor decoration stuff like streetlights, City Clock, fountains, patio sets, park bench, tombstones etc etc etc. There is a catagory Interior Design. But except for outdoor lights it is all related to furniture and things indoors.

I have now choosen the category Other structures which is such a wide selection, that i almost can put everything there:) That does not make searching for the customer easier

I dont know if this is easy to change but is it possible to make a category Outdoor Decorations or something?

Please let me know :)
These users thanked the author elin egoyan for the post (total 2):
Hypatia EmersonIlan Tochner
Ilan Tochner

Re: Wishes for improvement Kitely Market

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Elin,

This is our current category tree: https://www.kitely.com/virtual-world-ne ... ategories/

We may consider adding additional categories if we see there are enough items listed to justify them, but for the time being if you can't find the exact category you want from what we already have then choose the closest one that fits.

So garden furniture would go in Furniture > Chairs and Sofas, a City Clock in Interior Design > Decor > Clocks, etc.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 2):
Michael TimelessHypatia Emerson
elin egoyan

Post by elin egoyan »

ah that is helpfull Ilan TY. I will redo the categories according to that list :)

editted: But I still wind up in Other structures with my fountains. I hope people will find it.
These users thanked the author elin egoyan for the post (total 2):
Michael TimelessHypatia Emerson
Mally McGinnis

Post by Mally McGinnis »

People who browse use categories. People who search rely on well considered search terms the seller used in the title and tags.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Mally,

People browse Kitely Market using categories and attributes.

Kitely Market search works on all the fields in the product listing, including the merchant name, store name, product and variation names, categories, product/variation attributes and product description.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Michael Timeless