Strange error report

Discussion and support for the Kitely Market
John Mela

Re: Strange error report

Post by John Mela »

No, there's a small script but it doesn't do anything with textures.

[I posted the previous post under the wrong account - sorry!]
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Did you rezz the item, change these textures then take it back into inventory and add it to the marketplace listing?
John Mela

Post by John Mela »

Yes, I did that, but the error persisted. Later today I'll see if I can find the object in question and repeat this, leaving it in a dummy listing if it still happens.
Chris Namaste

Post by Chris Namaste »

hi ilan,
what is dynamic text please?
(maybe silly question but i really donno)
thankyou
christa
Chris CreationZ url kitely market : https://www.kitely.com/market?store=914 ... &sort=date
Because ultimately we are not the avatars we create. We are not the pictures on the film stock. We are the light that shines through.Jim Carrey
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Chris,

A dynamic texture is a texture that is created by a script instead of being uploaded to the grid as an asset.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Chris Namaste
Chris Namaste

Post by Chris Namaste »

loads of thaknyou's ilan,
since i never use(d) such system, i didnt know,
much appreciated :) thx!
Chris CreationZ url kitely market : https://www.kitely.com/market?store=914 ... &sort=date
Because ultimately we are not the avatars we create. We are not the pictures on the film stock. We are the light that shines through.Jim Carrey
RezMela Apps

Post by RezMela Apps »

OK, I've reproduced the issue, and the original and retextured objects are in a dummy Market product named "Texturing issue" under the RezMela Apps account. The original object is called "Textured block"; I took a copy of that and manually set the diffuse, normal and specular textures of all sides, renaming the copy "Textured block (retextured)". Both are included in the "Texturing issue" product.

One thing I have noticed is that the "Textured block" object is shown under its previous name (GrassLawn) in the errors popup: Image

but this is not the case for the "Textured block (retextured)" object: Image
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

You said you took a copy and then made modifications to it. Do you mean that you made those modifications to the copy in your inventory or to a rezzed copy? Note that any changes made to items in inventory are only applied after the object is rezzed and that Kitey Market uses the objects as they exist in your inventory when you add them, which means that any such pending changes won't be included in the listing.

This behavior is similar to the slam bit behavior. See: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Debug_Permissions
John Mela

Post by John Mela »

The modifications were made to the object in-world, which I then took into inventory before uploading.

EDIT: Although it does look like I renamed the original object in inventory, which would explain the name discrepancy in the first screenshot.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi John,

Did you wait between the time you made the changes until you took the item into inventory?

Can you please repeat this test, but this time wait 15 seconds from the time you make the modifications on the rezzed item until you take it into inventory? (we want to determine if this issue is related to an object properties caching / race condition problem).