Changing an item or NC in a bundle after placing it in Market

Discussion and support for the Kitely Market
Leora Jacobus

Changing an item or NC in a bundle after placing it in Market

Post by Leora Jacobus »

I offer full Avatars who consist of a box containing several things ... Skin, Shape, Eyes, Hair, Clothes, attachments and a NC

If I want to change a minor thing ... for instance just update the NC ... how can I do that?

Do I have to delete the whole Avatar in MP and make it new all over?
These users thanked the author Leora Jacobus for the post (total 2):
Ilan TochnerFreda Frostbite
Ilan Tochner

Re: Changing an item or NC in a bundle after placing it in Market

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Leora,

First, there is no need to box items before you add them to a Kitely Market listing. When Kitely Market delivers orders to a Kitely avatar it does so in a separate folder for each bought item, so boxing them will just force your customers to unpack the box before they can access its contents. Similarly, when Kitely Market delivers an order to an avatar on a different grid it automatically creates a delivery box that contains a separate box for each product included in the order, so if you sell boxed items then your customers will need to unpack 3 boxes (the delivery box, the product box, and the box you created) before they can get to the bought item.

There is an additional reason why you shouldn't box your items before adding them to Kitely Market. If you box an item you'll need to remove the entire boxed item in order to replace one of the objects you placed inside the box. Whereas if you just add items directly to the listing without boxing them first then you can just remove the specific items you wish to remove and then add the ones that you want to replace them with into the listing. Note that in either case you don't have to delete the product listing, just items from the Variation Items table inside the product listing.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 5):
Selby EvansChris NamasteLeora JacobusFreda FrostbiteJohn Mela
Leora Jacobus

Post by Leora Jacobus »

I saw other people using boxes ... or does that just seem so to me??

Examples ...

https://www.kitely.com/market/product/46881165/Pine-box

https://www.kitely.com/market/product/1 ... ete-Avatar
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Some people don't follow our guidelines so we try to educate them when we become aware of it. In any case, you don't have to sell things unboxed, you just make life harder for yourself and your customers when you do.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 2):
Freda FrostbiteLeora Jacobus