Folders in Market listings

Discussion and support for the Kitely Market
Tess Juel

Folders in Market listings

Post by Tess Juel »

Just to check that I got this right, if I select a folder in my inventory rather than the individual objects inside it when I create a new listing, the buyer will receive those items in a separate subfolder, right? The reason I ask is that I'm going to list some bundles with a lot of different items and I want my buyers to receive them nicely organized in different folders so they don't have to shift through everything to find what they're looking for.
These users thanked the author Tess Juel for the post:
Ilan Tochner
Ilan Tochner

Re: Folders in Market listings

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Tess,

That's exactly how it works, if you add a folder to the product listing then it, and its subfolders, will be added to the listing.

When that product is delivered to a Kitely user then those folders will be added to that user's inventory as subfolders of the product folder (which itself will be located inside the "# Kitely Market" inventory folder).

Alternatively, when that product is delivered to an avatar belonging to a different grid then those folders will be automatically converted to boxes so the folder structure will be maintained but as boxes that the buyer will need to open to get to their contents.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 4):
Chris NamasteTess JuelZed deTremontSelby Evans
Tess Juel

Re: Folders in Market listings

Post by Tess Juel »

Ilan Tochner wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:20 pm
That's exactly how it works, if you add a folder to the product listing then it, and its subfolders, will be added to the listing.
That's really neat! ^_^
Ilan Tochner wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:20 pm
Alternatively, when that product is delivered to an avatar belonging to a different grid then those folders will be automatically converted to boxes so the folder structure will be maintained but as boxes that the buyer will need to open to get to their contents.
and that's even neater!

I know of another virtual world with it's own marketplace that could learn a thing or two from how it's done on Kitely. I won't mention the name of course but a few of you may have heard of it.
These users thanked the author Tess Juel for the post (total 2):
Ilan TochnerGraham Mills